Chapter 31

{Emily POV}

I looked at the flowers and realised that it looked exactly like the ones on my dress.

"So that's why you liked the dress so much." I said smirking to father. We went down to where Damian was standing and father shook his hand.

"Happy Birthday Damian." He said with a smile. He blew the candles out and everyone clapped. I looked to my left and saw some one leaving to the hall, I went after them and then suddenly the person stopped. He turned around and I realised that it was Peter.

"Leaving so early?" I said cold and crossed my arms.

"Nice to see you too." He said chuckling and I moved closer to him.

"What are you planning?" I said.

"Nothing really I just wanted to be alone with you for a few seconds." He said lifting his hands up in the air in surrender.

"Yeah right." I said and started to walk away, he grabbed me by the arm.

"Please don't leave Emily." He said and pulled me closer.

"Let me go Peter!" I said and he covered my mouth. Suddenly he was pushed away by a flash or red and yellow.

"Are you alright Emily?" Kid Flash asked and I nodded.

"Yeah thanks for saving me, but I was capable of handling him myself." I said and he chuckled.

"I thought you were in France?" He said arms crossing and smirking.

"Change in plans." I said. I looked at Peter and pulled Wally away for him.

"That boy used to work with the Joker and he must have planned something I know it." I said half whispering and he nodded.

"Don't worry babe I'll handle everything." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Still not liking the babe thing." I said and he chuckled. He raced away and I went back to the ball. I looked at the stairs and saw Jason still standing with the two women. I walked to Dick and he was holding a plate with cake for me.

"Thank you." I said as he handed me my slice of cake, it was velvet cake my favourite.

"Do you know where Barbara is?" I asked him and he sighed.

"What's wrong?" I said and he looked a bit sad.

"Did you two..." I said and he nodded. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.

"Now we can watch sad movies together." I joked and he laughed.

"Wanna dance?" He asked and I nodded. It was a slow dance but I didn't care. He took me to the dance floor and we shuffled.

"You look beautiful." Dick said and I chuckled.

"Why does everyone keep saying that." I said and he chuckled.

"It's hard hiding the truth." He said and I blushed. The song was over and we went back to the side. A couple hours later we were still enjoying the ball and the butlers brought another cake in.

"Weird I don't remember buying another cake." Father said and my eyes widened.

"Wally, somethings wrong." I said into my earpiece. The cake was brought close to Damian and he was about to blow out the candles when I stopped him.

"Wait!" I said and everyone looked at me. I couldn't tell him right now.

"Would you like to blow out the candles with me?" He said and I nodded. I could tell him then. I walked closer to him and whispered something in his ear.