Chapter 7

{Emily POV}

I woke up by the sound of my iPhone alarm and remembered that I had school today. I rubbed my eyes and when I opened them I saw that I was in my room and not in the movie room. I turned off my alarm and looked around.

"Dick." I whispered to myself. I stood up and went downstairs to the kitchen and saw that Alfred was making pancakes. They smelled amazing.

"Good morning Emily." Alfred said.

"Hmmm good morning to you too Alfred." I said. He chuckled and I sat down. Bruce also came downstairs and greeted me. I greeted back.

"Nightwing will be waiting for you at the schools rooftop so just look up and you'll might be able to see him." Bruce said. I nodded and finished my breakfast.

"Oh Emily. I thought that you might needed a schoolbag." He said and he handed me a dark purple backpack. I thanked him and kissed him on the cheek and went upstairs to change. I put on some black jeans with a black and white striped t-shirt on top, a long black cardigan over my short sleeved t-shirt and my white shoes. I quickly put my books in my bags with my pencil case and a sketchpad. I went into Damian's room and kissed him on the forehead without waking him up. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I went downstairs and saw that there was a black matt car standing in front of the mansion. I asked Bruce earlier on if I just could go with a normal car like everybody else and so he did. I stepped inside and was brought in front of a huge school.

"Gotham Academy." I said. The driver stopped in front of the school and I stepped out. There were students my age and they all started looking at me. A couple of them came walking towards me and started asking questions.

"Are you the real Emily Wayne?" One of them said and I nodded. More of them came and they began forming a circle and I was inside it. I then remembered what Bruce said and looked at the rooftop and saw indeed Nightwing standing on the rooftop. He jumped down and landed next to me.

"Sorry students, but she's taken." He said. I blushed so hard. They all stared wide eyed at me.

"I'm just kidding." He said and they all laughed. The bell went off and everyone went inside. I hugged Nightwing and he hugged me back.

"Emily why do you even want to go to a school?" He asked.

"Well, when my parents still lived they would always fight and I always went to school if they started a fight. My art teacher would always calm me down and tell me everything was alright. She taught me to put my fears into paintings and so I did. When I told her the news that I'll be moving to Gotham she made me promise her one thing." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"I should never hate school because that was the only place I was save." I said and he nodded. We went to the reception and the lady behind the counter looked at me very pissed. She handed me a pink paper and I was about to look at it when Nightwing took it from me.

"Locker 45, hey Dick used to have that one!" He said and I looked at him confused.

"Dick went to school?" I said looking at him.

"Yeah but only for a couple years." He said and I nodded. I took the paper from him and looked at it. I needed to go to F10 and had French. As we were walking to the room I saw two boys throwing the books out of a poor girls hand. Nightwing was about to interfere when I stopped him.

"Just stay here." I said and he nodded. I walked over to the boys and they looked at me.

"Leave her alone." I said with an angry tone.

"Or else?" They said. I could see in their eyes that they didn't know who I was.

"She told you to leave that girl alone." Nightwing said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I could see that they did knew who he was. Nightwing took out one of his escrima's  and the boys ran away and we both laughed. I looked at the girl on the ground and helped her with her books. She picked them all up and then looked at me.