Chapter 23

{Emily POV}

"Hey Emily I'm sorry I didn't want to piss you off. I thought you couldn't know." He said and I gave him a smile.

"It's okay, let's just enjoy the day. So Jaime how long have you known Bart?" I asked him and he looked at Bart.

"Two years." He said and I nodded.

"Haven't I seen you before?" He said and I chuckled.

"Maybe." I said teasing him and he smiled. We arrived at the building and entered.

"Can I help you?" The woman behind the desk said and I nodded.

"Can we talk to Bruce Wayne?" I asked and her smile dropped.

"Sorry isn't here. He's in Gotham." She said cold and my smiled dropped. I looked at the boys and Jaime sighed.

"Can we please speak to him for a few minutes?" He said nicely and the woman still stayed looking blankly at him.

"Listen kid he isn't here." She said and Jaime clenched his fists. I calmed him down and looked at the woman.

"Okay I think I'll just call him." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I have heard that excuse too many times." She said and Bart chuckled.

"She isn't feeling the mode right now." He said and Jaime and I chuckled with him. I unlocked my phone and called father.

"Hello, what's wrong Emily?" He asked and I smiled.

"Hello father, I just wanted to bring you the papers you forgot but one of your workers won't let us through." I said and the woman's eyes widened as I said the word father.

"I'll be in the lobby." He said and hung up. The woman took one good look at me and went back to her computer. Seconds later the elevator opened and father came out and gave me a hug.

"What is the meaning of all this?" He said and looked at the woman. She was getting scared and said nothing.

"My daughter is always welcome here. Remember that." He said and she nodded. I chuckled and so did Bart and Jaime. Father looked at the two boys and smiled.

"Nice to meet you I'm Bruce Wayne and I've seen you met my daughter Emily Wayne." He said and Jaime shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Mr Wayne, I'm Jaime Reyes." Jaime said.

"We'll be in my office." Father said to the woman and she nodded. She gave Bart a dirty look and Bart stuck out his tongue. We went to his office and I sat down at the chair.

"I never knew you were a Wayne." Jaime said and I sighed.

"Let's just say that it didn't do any good." I said and he nodded. Bart handed father the papers and he thanked him. I looked at Jaime and saw that his hand was blue. I stood up from my chair and he noticed. He quickly put his hands in his pockets and now I was done.

"Are you serious!?" I said just loud enough for them to hear.

"What's wrong?" Father asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing." I said and walked out of his office. Bart and Jaime ran after me and we left the building. They were the whole way quiet and they stopped out of nowhere. I turned around and looked at them.

"What?" I said and Bart pointed behind me, I turned around and saw Kid Flash standing in front of me.

"Hey." He said and I gave him a smile.

"Hey." I said and they both looked wide eyed at me.

"You know Kid Flash?" Jaime asked and I nodded.