Chapter 17

{Dick POV}

Bruce sighed.

"Dick make sure to watch Emily the whole time while Tim goes through their rooms." Bruce said and I nodded.

"When I was dropping him off he told me that he was going to use Emily and then dump her, I threatened him and he laughed." I said and Jason started clenching his fists.

"And you didn't do anything about it!?" He yelled at me.

"If he meets Emily the next day with an black eye everything will be worse than it already is!" I said and he sighed.

"If he even touches one of Emily's strands of hair he's dead." He said and I saw in his eyes that he was serious.

"She already hates us." Damian said and Jason sighed.

"Big mistake." Jason said and looked sad. We went upstairs and to our room. I just needed some sleep.

{Emily POV}

I woke up and went downstairs to eat. I made sure that I was early so that I didn't have to face any of the boys except for Dick.

"Good Morning Emily why are you up so early?" Alfred asked me and I sat down.

"I couldn't sleep." I lied and he saw it too. He sat down next to me with my pancakes and I started eating them hoping that he wouldn't ask further.

"You don't have to go you know that?" He said and I realised that he was speaking about the dinner with Peter.

"Don't tell me you are on their side too." I said and he chuckled.

"I'm on neither side, I just want the best for you." He said and I smiled.

"If I don't go I'll loose Peter and let them win, they would never leave me alone. But if I do go I'll only make them more mad but I would have some freedom." I said and he nodded.

"You are free to make whatever choice you want, but you are not free form the consequences of the choice." He said and I nodded. He was so true. I was about to react when Jason walked into the kitchen, I quickly stood up and thanked Alfred for my breakfast. I went upstairs and got ready for school. I went to the library and saw Ms. Kyle already sitting there. It was lunch break and she saw that something was bothering me.

"Tell me what's bothering you again." She said smirking and I chuckled. I told her everything about Peter and she sighed.

"That's why I like to work alone, no one to bother me. If I were you I would just go, you really like that boy and Bruce can't do anything about that." She said and I nodded. She was right. We continued and after school I went back to my room quickly making my homework and got a text.

P: Hey is it okay if I pick you up from the park?

E: I think that would be the best way too.

P: Okay can't wait to see you again.

E: Me too

I smiled and got changed. I wore light blue trousers with a black and white striped tee,a grey vest over it and put my hair in a bun. Of course I went to Dick's room. I knocked on the door and walked in. He looked at me wide eyed and I chuckled.

"Ready?" I asked him and he nodded. We went to the front door and stumbled upon Tim and Damian. I didn't look at them but I felt eyes looking at me and I knew that it wasn't Dick. We went to the park and Dick drove away. I waited another 5 minutes and Peter showed up.

"You look beautiful." He said and I smiled. He kissed my cheek and had something in his hand.

"I wanted to give you this." He said and I saw a little box appearing and it had a necklace in it. It was a little silver necklace with a rose in the middle. I smiled and hugged him.