Chapter 3

"How long is the plane ride?" I asked as I glared at my brother.

Kayla chuckled, "Like two hours."

"I'm going to die of annoyance then."

"Hey, I'm not annoying!" My brother whined.

Kayla rolled her eyes, "Baby, I know I'm your mate and all but...you're annoying at times. Like, really annoying."

"Take my sister's side then." He pouted.

We both laughed, Kayla continued to tease him as I just shook my head. When my brother had announced that he found his mate I thought I would hate her. I grew up watching him and Maria walk around, kissing and all. Even walked in on them almost doing it when I was a little younger. But when he walked in with Kayla I relaxed and decided against being a bitch.

Turned out that she was pretty awesome and now we're like sisters. We always team up and tease my brother, it's my revenge for all those years that he messed with me.

It was funny as hell to see Maria giving them dirty looks from across the field or whenever she visited the packhouse. Once I explained her and my brother's past relationship to Kayla she made sure to piss Maria off. Now, ten months later, they finally marked and mated. Of course she isn't pregnant though, my parents and her parents would kill my brother if she was.

I sighed and looked out the window as we took off, my thoughts drifted back to Alaricas. I don't understand why we couldn't just be normal mates and love each other. Deep down I did wish that Alaricas could have been mine, but fate hates me. But the night I had rejected him he looked so different. Acted different.

Every other time I had tried rejecting him he would hit me, but that time he just seemed broken. Something about him had felt different as well, I was more drawn to him. It's almost like the mate-bond had finally decided to work its magic on us. However, I was too far gone by then. I just wanted out.

"Please, let me explain!"

His words played through my mind like a broken record, his voice was so desperate and pleading. As if he truly meant he was sorry, that he truly wanted me to stay. I shook my head, I'm just being that naive girl again.

I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes, willing myself to go to sleep.