Chapter 26

I carefully helped Alaricas lay in his bed, his eyes studied his room with disbelief. I smiled softly at him, I already know what it feels like for him. It's probably surreal for him, just as it was for me when I returned to this pack.

I was about to walk out when he gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me back towards him.

"Can't you just lay with me? Please?" He pleaded.

I bit the inside of my cheek, I know I won't be able to lay beside him with freezing up or panicking. I know he isn't the same Alaricas that he was just a few months ago, but I'm still afraid. I'll have flashbacks and nightmares.

He must of noticed the conflicting feelings in me as he let go of my wrist and nodded.

"Sorry....I shouldn't have asked. You're probably suffering from PTSD too...huh?" He asked quietly.

I released a shaky breath, "I guess so. I'm sorry, it's just the fear..."

"I know, I understand how you feel. Then could you just sit beside the bed? I-I'm scared of...." He trailed off and furrowed his eyebrows.

I quickly nodded, wanting to assure him. "Okay."

As I sat in the chair I frowned, I was able to lay beside him in the hospital, but I'm too afraid here. It was frustrating the hell out of me, but I knew the real reason.

He never abused me in the hospital, he abused me in the bedroom and the hall.

I bit my lip before slowly looking back at him, he wasn't sleeping yet. He was just staring at the ceiling, seemingly lost in thought.

We stayed in the peaceful silence before a choked sob suddenly escaped his lips. I snapped my eyes to him and saw tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Sorry." He whispered, glancing at me with watery eyes.

"It's fine." I smiled softly. "What's wrong? Are you in pain?"

"Not physically." He whispered.