Chapter 9

I walked into the kitchen to see Cain glaring at a pack of cookies. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a glass.

"Did those cookies offend you or something?" I asked.

He growled lowly, "They're child proof."

"You're kidding me right? You seriously can't get them open?"

He looked up, "No."

"You threw a car across your lawn before! How is a small plastic box of cookies difficult to open?" I exclaimed.

He folded his arms across his chest, "Then you open it."

"Fine, I will."

I snatched the box and went to open it, but it wouldn't budge. I growled and tried again, but it still didn't budge. I stopped and glared at it.

"See? Motherfucker is being an ass." Cain grumbled.

"Do you seriously need to curse?" I sigh.

He raised an eyebrow before lifting his head up, "Yes. You're not my mother, I can do whatever I want."

"Not unless I call your mother and-

"No." He quickly said.

I chuckled, "I'm just kidding, I don't want to get my cheeks pinched again. I swear she almost punched them off last time."

"That's my mother for ya." He sighed.

"What are you two doing with my cookies?"

We both looked over to see Jefferson standing at the entrance. Blood covered his hands and was splattered on his shirt. There was a little bit of blood smeared on his cheek.

Cain gently grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him.

"Uh, who are you?" He asked.

Jefferson tilted his head, "The beta."

"I see, we uh...we didn't know they were your's. I'm sorry." He apologized.

Jefferson nodded before looking at me, "What about you?"

I gulped, "I'm sorry."

He nodded again, "You're forgiven."

We slowly moved back as he walked over and grabbed the cookies.

"I superglued them shut so no one could eat them." He said.

He looked up as he opened them, "Want one?"

"Heh, actually...it's not part of my diet. Ya know, need to stay fit. Uh, Jo, I need your help." Cain stated before grabbing me and scurrying out of the kitchen.

He slammed the door shut to his room and released a breath. He then placed his one hand on his hip, pointed towards the door and choked on his words.

"Okay...who the fuck is he? Why does it look like he just walked out of a murder scene? Was he dropped on his head as a baby or something?" He asked.

"He's the beta, he was torturing rogues apparently, and I don't think so. Maybe thrown a truck once or twice." I shrugged.

"He's creepy as hell."

"You can say that again."

I sighed and laid on the bed, "We need to come up with ideas on where Alaricas is."

Jefferson POV

I walked down through the dungeons, when the one that was furthest back, I unlocked it. I whistled as I closed the door.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked as I faced the mutt.

It didn't answer.

"Well, today I'm going to try the silver whip. I wonder how painful this can be."