Chapter 54

"Hey, Jo!"

I looked up from my tablet to see Eduardus sprinting through the training grounds. Alaricas laughed when he almost tripped, earning a playful glare from his older brother.

"What?" I asked.

He sighed as he sat before me, "Whatever talk you had with Amelia, worked! She explained everything and we made out for a while. There's still a few issues we need to work out, but we're trying. Thank you so much!"

I smiled at him, "You're welcome."

"Luna, what a pleasant surprise to see you here."

I looked up at Amelia's father, my blood ran cold at the sight of him. I glanced at Alaricas, he was watching her father with narrowed eyes.

Eduardus stiffened beside me, but didn't move. I spotted Amelia watching with a worried expression.

I forced a smile, "Are you training?"

"No, being one of the elders, I'm helping the alpha." He explained.

"Oh, that's great. If you don't mind, I have a book to read-

"I'm curious about an incident that happened when you were sixteen. Mind explaining it to me?"

I clenched my jaw, my heart skipped a beat. That incident was the most traumatizing thing to happen to me. I swallowed.

"There was a problem that was...taken care of." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "A problem? What was her name?"

I frowned at him, why does he want to know the woman's name? I tilted my head, trying to figure out what he was getting at.

He smirked at me, "You killed Alaricas' aunt. His favorite aunt who was like a mother to him."

I stiffened, "How can you mind-link me?"

"You are officially our Luna, Jolene. That's how."

He had a smug look on his face, it was starting to annoy me.

"I can easily leave that document on Alaricas' desk. He'll hate you for murdering her. He and Eduardus have been searching for her killer. They plan on torturing them. In this case, you. If you get my daughter and Eduardus to split up, then I'll destroy the document."

With that, he smiled at me and walked away. I continued staring ahead in shock.

"Honey, are you okay?"

I looked up to see Alaricas looking at me with concern. To think that concern will turn into hatred had dread filling my stomach. I swallowed, glancing at Eduardus, I had tears pool into my eyes.

He's so happy with her, I can't split them up, but I can't let Alaricas know. At least, not yet. I cleared my throat.

"I just don't like being reminded of that incident. Something terrible happened, something I will regret for the rest of my life." I said before running inside.

I have to somehow get that document from him.