Chapter 68

"Dimitri returned." Alaricas announced as he walked into our room.

"He did?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, now they're getting down to business and planning on attacking soon. How is the pack's training going?"

"Excellent. Jayden has them all back to being their original and terrifying selves."

"Good."

For the past week, Alaricas has been using me as his therapist. He refuses to see an actual therapisr, claiming he doesn't want to be in a room with a complete stranger.

Even though he's pretty much himself again, he still goes through moments where he's depressed and being alone with a stranger is still an issue for him. He's slowly getting over it though.

Him and Eduardus talked it out last  night, they're better, but not as close as before. Alaricas still feels as if his brother truly dislikes him, no matter what anyone says.

I sighed and walked over to him, I sat facing him so that I was straddling him. I rested my head on his shoulders as he formed a plan.

"We aren't going to tell anyone that we're joining." He suddenly stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why?"

"Because, the skin-walkers won't be expecting us if not even the king is. They won't be prepared for another  pack to swoop in and slaughter them." He explained.

I nodded, "I like that idea."

"And you..."

He kissed me gently on the lips, I immediately kissed him back.

"....are not joining." He finished.

I froze, "What?"

"I don't want you joining." He stated.

I frowned at him, "Why not? I'm your mate!"

"Exactly. If you die during the fight...." he frowned and gently stroked my cheek.

"I can't lose you." He murmured.

I cupped his cheek, he leaned into my touch, his eyes never leaving mine. I studied him for a while, just taking in all his features. How did I get so lucky to have a sexy ass mate like him? I smiled softly at him.

"And you won't. I'm a good fighter." I sighed.

He shook his head, "But you freeze up and freak out when someone hits you. You are an amazing fighter, but this isn't good for your PTSD."

"You have PTSD too."

"I know, but I'm way better than I was two months ago."

I clenched my jaw, "I can handle myself out there, Alaricas."

"Jo..."

"You know what? Fine. I won't go." I snapped.

"I don't want to fucking lose you, Alaricas. What if you get killed out there? I won't be able to hold you and tell your stubborn self, how much I love you. I won't be able to protect you! You'll be alone."

He frowned and went to touch my cheek, but I smacked his hand away. I moved to get off of him, but hid grip on my hips tightened. I narrowed my
eyes at him.

"Let me go." I growled.

He growled lowly, "No."

"Alaricas, I swear if you don't-

He shut me up by crushing his lips against mine. I was still for a second before kissing him back. He gently grabbed my face and deepened the kiss. I was able to get my senses back though and quickly shoved him away.

"Don't you dare distract me with a kiss! No matter how good it is." I barked.

"Now, let me go."

He clenched his jaw, irritation shined in his eyes. "I said, no."

"And I said, let me go." I retorted.

"You are not leaving my lap when you're upset with me." He stated stubbornly.

I gritted my teeth, "Why, you ass-

"You can join."

I stopped, "What?"

"You can join."

I grinned.

"If..."

I frowned, what now?

"You can prove to me that you won't freeze up when someone comes at you." He finished.

I sighed in defeat, "Fine."

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead, "Good girl."

I smirked, "Now, can we do something fun?"

He frowned and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"I want to do something...fun."

"Now?"

"Yes. Right now."

I saw a glint of amusement in his eyes, I narrowed my eyes. He smirked as he leaned in and planted heated kisses against my neck. He then went to where his mark used to be. He grazed his canines along that spot.

"I belive I need to....claim my mate again." He growled as he playfully snapped at me.

I smirked, my core was throbbing as I started to grind on him. He growled in satisfsction.

"Then do it." I whispered into his ear.