Chapter 7

He narrowed his eyes at me, I could tell he was about to yell before I quickly held my hand up.

"Before you go all crazy alpha on me, put yourself in my shoes. I had no idea why he abused me every day, but I was scared and fed up. I did what I did to survive. Would you willingly stay with a woman who's abusing you? Or if you swing the other way-

"No, I don't swing the other way. And I know, but you could have allowed him to explain." He snapped.

I rolled my eyes, "He almost killed me."

His eyes widened, "What?"

"He almost killed me. You can't blame me for being scared." I retorted.

Eduardus sighed, "I know, I'm sorry. I'm just stressed with looking for him, the only place I found his scent at was the dungeons but it's faded."

"Eduardus, why can't your pack help?" Some other alpha demanded.

"A pack without their alpha is weak, we have multiple search parties out. Using up half our warriors. We just don't have enough to help. I'm sorry. I need to find my little brother."

"Your little brother-

"That is enough, Frederick." The councilman cut in. "Very well, continue the search for your brother. I hope he's found."

"Why bother looking for that scumbag? He's abusive! Not only that, but he slaughters packs!" Frederick growled.

I bit my lip, "That's actually not true. He doesn't slaughter packs unless they deserve it. And why are you so bothered that he's searching for his brother?"

"Because he took part of my land!"

Eduardus rolled his eyes, "You were being cocky and challenged him. You bet your land that you would win, but you lost. It was fair."

Frederick narrowed his eyes, "He's a piece of shit. He doesn't deserve to be alpha! He abused his own mate, who says he won't abuse his pack next?"

"Because he broke the curse!" Eduardus snapped.

The room became silent as he continued to glare at the stunner Federick.

"You don't know what he went through. We have no control over it! It skips a generation, therefore, he ended up with it. He's not a horrible person, if everyone just gave him a chance you would love him. He's scared of opening up, which is why he's always looking angry and guarded. You don't know what he went through as a child." He whispered, his voice cracking.

I swallowed, the guilt squeezed my heart as I gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I-I didn't know..." I murmured.

He turned around and smiled sadly at me, "It's not your fault."

"I just came here to ask that you don't attack my pack. I understand if you hate my brother, but the pack doesn't deserve any sorrow or deaths. We have enough going on as it is." He pleaded with everyone.

The councilman nodded, "I'll see to it that your pack doesn't receive any attacks."

Eduardus thanked him before starting to walk out, I internally groaned and grabbed his wrist. He spun around, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm going to come back to the pack to help you find him. It's the least I can do. Plus, we need your pack in the war. I've seen how strong they are, finding Alaricas is the first step to bringing the pack back to their original strength." I stated.

He seemed hesitant, "You aren't afraid?"

I sighed, "I am, but I need to do this. For me, for the pack, and for the werewolf race."

He nodded before following me to where my parents were standing.

"You're nuts." Gabriel mumbled.

I shrugged, "I feel guilty for not letting him explain and I want to know more about this whole curse. And the whole needing their pack for the war."

"Then I'll go as your bodyguard, if you don't mind, Eduardus." Cain said.

Eduardus looked at Cain, "I'm fine with it."

I smiled at my family and said goodbye before walking back to our hotel room.

Looks like I'm returning to my nightmare. 

A/N: I saw what had happened in Belgium today. I am praying for all those families.