Chapter 41

I walked into the bathroom to see the woman crying, she kept trying to fix her make-up, but more tears ruined it. I felt horrible for her, the pain was shining in her eyes.

I sighed and grabbed a few tissues before gently placing my hand on her shoulder. She spun around, she quickly wiped the tears and forced a smile.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

I smiled softly at her, "It's alright. Uh, I noticed how your date was treating you."

"Oh, that's normal." she murmured.

"I was determined to try and get him to believe me tonight, but he hates me. He'll always hate me. How could he love a hunter?"

I stiffened at the word hunter, but I quickly recovered. I gently wiped away her tears and helped her fix her make-up.

"He's a werewolf." I stated.

Her eyes widened, "How did you...?"

"I'm a werewolf too." I smiled softly.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "And you're not disgusted by me?"

"No. You're not trying to kill me at the moment. Why would I hate you?"

"I...he just..." She released a breath. "I'm a waste of breath."

"No, you're not. If that's how he's talking to you, then don't bother staying with him. Find yourself a true man, someone who will love you for you. There's plenty out there, you just have to find the right one." I replied.

She smiled sadly, "But I'm his mate. He's supposed to be the right one."

I frowned at her, "Then...reject him. It'll hurt, but if he's treating you like this, I doubt he'll change his ways. Unless, someone makes him get some sense into his head."

"That won't happen. He's an alpha, a stubborn one. All he does with me is parade me around, telling people in their sorry excuse for a Luna. The whole pack hates me. Why shouldn't they? I killed their past Luna, his mother. Granted, I didn't mean to. I was only twelve and panicked."

"But I can never be forgiven. I betrayed the whole pack and my mate before I even knew them."

"But that doesn't give him the right to treat you like garbage. Did he even give you a chance to explain?" I fumed.

"No."

I clenched my jaw, "Then I'm going to have a talk with him. What's his name and your's?"

Her eyes widened with fear, "You don't have-

"Yes, I do."

We stared at each other for a few more minutes until she sighed in defeat.

"His name is Judas and mine is Evelyn." She whispered.

"I'll be right back."

I stormed out of the bathroom to see Judas sitting alone. He had a slightly concerned look as he watched the bathroom. I narrowed my eyes at him, earning his shock.

I then walked over and sat across from him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I folded my arms across my chest, "Name is Jolene, now, I just found your mate in the bathroom, heartbroken. Who the hell do you think you are to treat her like that? To flirt with women in front of her and collect their numbers? I understand she's a hunter and killed your mother, but she was twelve! What did you expect a frightened child to do? She did what she was trained to do. Did you even let her explain?" I seethed.

He clenched his jaw, "She doesn't deserve to-

I laughed and slapped him across the face. "So you have any compassion and common sense yet?"

He glared at me, "Who the hell do you think you are to barge in on my relationship with my mate? And to slap me?"

"Trust me, baby, I can do way worse. And I'm the mate of Alpha Alaricas, that's who I am. And I'm sorry if I hate seeing disgusting and disrespectful men. If she murdered your mother out of spite, then I would understand. But she told me what had happened and I tried seeing it from her point of view. Here's a question for you, if she died tonight...would you be happy? Would you be happy to know that she died believing she's a waste of breath and isn't worthy of a mate? That she died believing she was unloved?"

He growled, "No, she's not going to die."

"I'm not saying she is, but by the way she's treated...I assume you want her dead."

"I don't!"

"Then what the hell do you want from her?" I snapped.

"For her to feel heartbroken like me!"

I sighed and shook my head, "She's way past heartbroken, Judas. She's ruined. She's defeated. And it's all your fault. Let her explain and see it from her point of view. I didn't let Alaricas explain what he did before he left and I almost lost him. He almost died by the hands of a crazy mutt. If he died, I would hate myself. I love him."

"That woman loves you, but she knows you don't love her. And if you don't, then let her go. Let her grow stronger and find a true man. Send her to our pack and I'll watch over her. She doesn't deserve this."

I looked up as Evelyn walked over, she didn't look at Judas. I got up and sighed, I smiled softly at her. I then gave her my number.

"If you have any issues, just text me." I smiled.

She nodded and gave me a thankful smile, "I'm going to go home. I'm sorry, Judas."

Her voice cracked as she grabbed her purse in shaky hands. I bit back my smirk when I saw the torn and guilty expression on Judas' face. He quickly grabbed her wrist.

"No, you're going to sit down and tell me what happened the night you killed my mother." He whispered softly.

Her eyes widened before she looked at me.

"Looks like the bitch slap worked, he grew some brain cells." I smirked before walking away.

I sat down with Alaricas who smirked at me.

"What?" I grumbled.

"You do have a heart." He sighed dramatically.

"Asshole."