Chapter 21

Alaricas' POV (Surprise!)

I groaned as I woke up, my whole body was either aching or burning. I slowly looked around until my eyes landed on my beautiful mate. I frowned, I wanted to hug her and hold her in my arms, but I knew better than to touch her. Especially when she's finally in a peaceful sleep.

I looked back at the ceiling, I need to start getting stronger again. I need to be able to protect her and make it known to the other alphas that I'm still dangerous. That my pack isn't weak and I can easily kill them without any effort.

"Hey, you're up."

I snapped my attention over to the door where my brother was walking in. I smiled a little at him, he returned the smile and sat down.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I sighed, "I've felt better."

"Looks like your healing a bit more too."

"Yeah, I want to start getting back into shape by the end of the week."

He frowned, "Alaricas, you know...it's going to take more than just a week. Unless your wolf wakes up and heals you."

"I know." I sighed.

I looked back at Jolene, she was curled up in the chair, her brown hair covering part of her face. She looked so beautiful, but I had ruined her. I abused her and almost killed her. Then, I chickened out from telling her why I had done what I did. I didn't know how to exactly tell her that I was cursed. I didn't know if she would believe me, she was pissed at the time. She hated me.

"Jefferson is still alive." I stated, looking back at my brother.

Eduardus sighed, "Unfortunately. Alpha Cain is searching for him though, that alpha is crazy."

I chuckled, "That he is. Once he has his mind set on something, there is no changing it."

"Jolene has been worrying about you constantly. She's always either holding your hand or just watching you. She cares a lot for you."

"It's just the mate-bond. If I block it she won't care, she'll just walk away. Like everyone else."

"Alaricas..."

"No, don't try to tell me that she won't. Your mom and dad hated me, abused me all the time yet I was made alpha. Just because I was strong, according to them."

"They're your parents too."

"My parents." I scoffed. "They wouldn't have done what they did if they loved me. I was a bastard child, still am. I wasn't supposed to be born. I'm a mistake."

"They've been worrying about you, too." He whispered.

I shook my head, "Tell them I'm dead. See what happens. They'll move on and make you alpha."

"Alaricas, come on. Can't you at least talk to them?"

"No." I snapped. "I never want to see their faces again."

Eduardus didn't say anything for a while, he only looked at his hands. He then glanced at Jolene.

"Don't push her away." He said before leaving.