Chapter 23

Eduardus walked into the room to see Alaricas out cold, curled up in a ball and hugging the blankets. I sighed and stood up.

"Can you stay here while I go and shower? And get something to eat?" I asked.

He nodded, "He won't freak out...right?"

"I don't think so, if he does, just be calm and tell him you aren't going to hurt him."

He nodded before taking a seat, I smiled at how he watched his brother with concern.

I want to know more about Alaricas' past, but the only time I do learn about it, is in nightmares.

We talked for a bit and I had asked him if that was what I was seeing. He just said yes, that I'm seeing all of his flashbacks that he gets when he sleeps sometimes. I felt horrible for him, he was abused as a child, then tortured by his beta. It's going to take him a long time to get over this. If he even does.

I quickly showered and changed, sighing in relief when I didn't feel disgusting anymore. I then silently are my breakfast, focusing on what I'm going to do about Jefferson.

He's alive and running around, who knows what he's going to do next. I have to get this pack back to their original strength, worry about the war, and now I have to add Jefferson's crazy ass into all of this.

I released a breath and looked out the window, I'm going to have to step it up as Luna. I don't care that me and Alaricas hadn't mated or marked, this pack needs some type of stable alpha. Not two who switch out every day.

"Who are you?"

I looked up to see a girl around my age walking in. She watched me with confusion as I just stared at her, wide-eyed and in the middle of biting into my bagel.

I swallowed my bite and wiped my mouth, "Jolene, and you?"

She scowled at me, "You can't remember your best friend from this pack? Even though I was the slut who tried stealing Alaricas from you..."

I raised an eyebrow and smirked, "Nope."

"That hurts." She gasped, feigning hurt.

I chuckled and quickly got up to hug her. "Hey, Nicole!"

She chuckled and hugged me back, "So, how's Alaricas doing?"

I sighed, "He has some major...PTSD issues."

"I figured that much. It's a shame, he used to be such a strong alpha. Still is, just..."

"He's mentally scarred."

She nodded, "My mate is now training the warriors. Eduardus and Cain asked him to."

"You have a mate now? Who?"

"The gamma, Jayden."

I grinned, "Cogratulations, girl! I have to meet him."

"You already did though..."

"Yes, but I haven't been here for six months. I have to meet him again." I stated stubbornly.

She rolled her eyes, "You're weird."

"I know." I smiled.