Chapter 35

I groaned as I opened my eyes, almost immediately, I closed them. After a few more tries, they finally adjusted to the light. I furrowed my eyebrows at the room, this isn't Alaricas' room.

"Ah, you're up."

I looked over to see Cain sitting in a chair, his torso was wrapped in bandages that had a little blood on them.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"I'll give you a few minutes to remember. Oh and Alaricas' wolf is an asshole." He sighed.

I rolled my eyes, I thought over everything for a few a minutes. When it all came rushing back to me, I groaned. Damn headache.

"Nevermind, I remember." I sighed.

I then panicked, "Where is Alaricas?"

"He's out cold in a hospital bed. His wolf decided to give him control right when they laid him down on a gurney. He started yelling and fighting them, I've never seen him more afraid. He had no idea where he was and kept screaming for you. They ended up sedating him. He caused a few injuries." He explained.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, I have to go see him. I can't begin to imagine how terrifying that was for him. He won't let anyone touch him unless it's me or as long as I am around.

I started to get up, but Cain quickly ran over and gently pinned me down. I hissed in pain at the stinging and burning sensation on my back. I opened my eyes again to see Cain slowly sitting down in the chair.

I noticed a little more blood was now on his bandages and his panting. I also frowned at how pale he had suddenly grown.

"Hey, why don't you go and get  some rest? I'll be fine here." I suggested.

He opened one eye and frowned, "No. I'm not leaving you here alone. Last time I did that, you had a mental breakdown in the bathroom."

"That was almost eight months ago." I argued.

"Yes, but you still have your PTSD, I don't want it to suddenly hit and have you screaming in the bathroom again." He replied calmly.

"I won't."

"Jolene..."

I sighed, "Fine. But stop moving and get new bandages."

He stuck his tongue out at me, I rolled my eyes at him. We sat there in silence for a little while longer until his mate walked in.

She smiled at me, "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, where's Alaricas? Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's fine, he should be up soon, which is putting many of us on edge." She replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Why?"

"We don't know if he'll freak out or be fine. His brother is watching over him right now and I also have his parents in the waiting room. Though, I'm not letting them see him. His wolf may be pretty much over it, but Alaricas isn't." She explained.

"Can he come in here and lay on the other bed? That might help."

"Yeah, once he's okay again. Right now, we don't want his wound opening again. Speaking of which, Cain, get your ass into your hospital room. You're bleeding again!"

I chuckled at his horrified face, he frowned before shaking his head.

"I'm not leaving her alone, she's my god daughter, I promised to protect her." He stated.

His mate smiled softly, "I know, but I'm sure she'll be fine. I'll have a nurse watch over her. But you seriously need to get your wounds stitched shut again and you need to rest. On a bed."