addicted ♡ e.d. (Part 2)

this was it. this was going to be the first time that people were going to see you and Ethan together again in public. Well not together.

as you finished curling your hair, you looked in the mirror for the final time and made sure you looked perfect.

7:55pm.

Great, you thought to yourself.

Not only am I gonna be late but how am I supposed to tell tanner I'm cancelling on him?

You walked into your bathroom to see tanner standing with just a robe on.

"Hey baby." He said, walking out into your room to find a shirt.

"hey tanner. uhm I need to talk to you." You started.

"sure. how about on our date?" he asked, not looking up.

"no. I mean, I can't. I need to say it now." you said feeling tears form in your eyes.

"are you okay?" he came rushing over to you.

you thought about Ethan for a moment.

What if it doesn't go well? What if Ethan breaks my heart again? Who will I go running to then?

you quickly changed your mood and smiled.

"I just wanted to say that I'm really excited for our date tonight." You made up an excuse. Yet again.

"Awh, me too honey." Tanner kissed your cheek.

*skip to the restaurant*

Before, you messaged Ethan to tell him to meet you at the place you and tanner were at.

As you flicked through the menu, someone caught your eye. It was Ethan.

"Come here" he mouthed.

You made a small nod.

"Tan, I'm just going to the ladies. I'll be back in a bit." You say, brushing past your boyfriend and into the arms of your ex.

"I missed you." You mutter into his chest as he leads you to the back of the building.

"Y/n, I'm gonna miss you too."

Ethan looked at you dead in the eye.

"what do you mean 'gonna'?" You ask in confusion.

"listen to me. I'm gonna need you to stay with tanner okay? For as long as you can. I know you love him almost as much as you loved me. I need you to go back in there, put on a happy face and be the kind and loving girl you are. You're so beautiful y/n, I wish you realised that. I was a fucking jerk to you I know. But i need you to forget." Ethan spoke, holding your shoulders tight.

"forget?" Your voice cracked in sadness.

"yes. Forget about me. I'm leaving. I'm leaving this world." He stated.

"eth, what are you on about?" You started crying.

"please y/n, promise me you'll do what I say?"

you contemplated.

"promise me?" He repeated again.

"I promise." You managed to get out.

"I will always love you, you know that right?"

"I love you too." You cried out.

Ethan kissed your tears away and finally pressed his lips against yours for the final time. His body had gone cold and you could feel him shivering.

You both walked back inside the restaurant and he watched as you sat down by tanner. You put on a fake smile and glanced at Ethan.

"thank you." he mouthed.

you blinked away a tear and when you looked up again, he was gone. forever. You couldn't stop him.

All along, Ethan had been planning this. To take his own life. But you were so wound up with your own you hadn't noticed. He was constantly trying to hurt you in order to cover up his own feelings. That's what drugs do to you. They will satisfy you for the first couple times but then it becomes painful mentally. that's how you felt.

and sadly, you were addicted.

♡ ♡ ♡

yay! I really had no idea where I was going with this but I'm glad it's not complete crap like I usually write. 💜

Comment here which imagines you'd like to see more of 💧