Missing puzzle piece ♡ e.d.

you were currently at another party for the weekend. you had been having trouble at home with your parents so as per usual, you left the house to get wasted. You've been failing school for the past 6 months. No one knew what had come over you. You used to be a straight A student with no behaviour issues. Now you just show up to school.

you were currently dancing with another random guy that you had found in the kitchen. He was more drunk than you were. You were only slightly tipsy.

party girls by ludacris was playing in the background while you grinded against this kid. the atmosphere was quite calm and collected since everyone was either talking, making out or dancing. But all of that stopped when a loud sound caught your attention.

some older guys gate crashed the party and one of them held a shotgun. He shot through the roof as everyone ducked. you started crying hysterically.

"aw poor babe, you scared?" One of the guys spoke.

"n-no." You stuttered in absolute fear.

you felt someone wrap their arm around your shoulder and comfort you. Right now, all you wanted was your mom. You closed your eyes and snuggled into the, what felt like, male's body.

suddenly, loud shouting came from within the inside of the house. It was your friend who was hosting the party's parents.

"leave before I call the cops!" her dad yelled.

the boys jumped over the fence, sprinting far away within a couple seconds. Everyone stood up again and sighed with relief. You got up to meet eyes with an old friend of yours.

Ethan Dolan.

you and him had been friends since middle school but he left to move to another part of your city. you hadn't seen him for around three years. It was such a surprise to see him.

"oh my-" you were cut off by him talking.

"hi" he smiled. You missed that welcoming smile that he always had plastered across his face when he saw you.

you smiled back.

"how are you?!" you asked, hugging him tightly.

"I'm great, partly worried but I'm good!" He giggled, looking down at the floor and then back at you.

"wow..." You admired his features.

You had seen that he now had a teal blue strip in his hair and his jawline was more structured than your life. His hazel eyes had not faded one bit and his body perfect as ever. Although he was quite a lot taller than you had remembered of course.

"how are you?" he asked.

"well... Not so great." you sighed.

He looked at you with a confused expression.

"how about we take a walk and I'll explain, I have to be home soon. Probably." You bit down on your teeth.

"Sure" he replied, following you out the front of the house. You thanked your friend her parents before you left, although you knew she was in shit.

"so tell me miss mysterious. What's gotten into you? I thought I'd never catch you at a party?!" Ethan covered his mouth pretending to be shocked.

You lightly pushed him and laughed.

"I don't know what happened I guess. I think it was after you left. I was constantly upset. Then I think I just lost it..." You looked at the ground, only figuring it all out yourself now.

"woah deep." Ethan said.

"You know, I missed you too." He said, making an eruption of butterflies explode in your stomach.

"Now all I do is make trouble. As everyone says." You smiled to the side.

"so you needed me?" he smirks.

"no!" You denied.

"so would you be pissed if I told you that I'm moving back?" he said casually.

you turned to him and stopped walking.

"are you being serious?" you asked him.

"uh huh." he said, a wide smile spread across his face.

"oh my god! I'm so happy!" You shouted, hugging him tightly once again.

you looked up at him and then placed hour head on his chest again. Just the sounds of his heartbeat soothed and that's what you were missing.

Ethan walked you back home, the only light coming from the street lamps creating yellow tinted spotlights that you'd walk under. every now and then you'd hear the sound of a car zoom by but not down your road. It was at peace, nearly everyone's room lights off. But obviously not yours since you were pretty sure that they wouldn't sleep until they knew you were safe.

"this is my stop." you said, slightly disappointed that it had come to an end.

"you still live here?!" he asked.

"I think so." You said, achieving a laugh from Ethan.

"I remember all the water fights we'd have in your backyard when we were like 10 years old." He spoke as you reminisced on your memories with him.

"Awh yeah, good times." You smiled.

there was a silence for a moment but it wasn't awkward at all. It was comfortable.

"well, I gotta go get Grayson from that party. I almost forgot about him." he laughed while you admired his smile.

"okay." you felt sad all of a sudden. Although you would see him in a couple of days, he didn't even ask for your number.

you started walking towards your front door but got called back.

"y/n! Wait!" he ran towards you.

"I didn't get your number." He smirked.

"don't be a fuckboy Ethan." You shook your head, then laughing.

you gave it to him anyway though. You both went your separate ways as you walked into your silent house, Ethan wandering into the dark streets.

You got bombarded with questions from your parents but blanked them out as you smiled to yourself.

That night you guys couldn't stop talking over FaceTime. You realised that the more and more time you got to spend with Ethan, the more you changed. You started to work harder in school, live life to the fullest and treat people and your parents much better. He kept you away from the negative energy. He transformed you. He was your missing puzzle piece. ♡