Start the job

Thanks a lot for your support my lovely readers. I am keeping the chapters short so that I can update regularly because it takes hours to write a 2 - 3K words chapter. I hope you will understand. By the way happy Navmi!! May goddess Durga always bless you with her love and powers.

Pratap Ranaji

I have met the ASI duo at the dining table for breakfast. They were looking all set to start their work. Good for them otherwise I would make them do it soon. Jaggu has pulled many strings in the government to bring these people here because they are best in their field. They are those sniffer dogs who can smell treasure from miles away.

Shikari kutte!! nahi khazane k shikari kutte (Hunting dogs!! Nah, Treasure hunting dogs). I laughed in my mind on their title which I have given them.

"So, What have you planned Professor Joshi? From where you would like to start?" I asked the old fellow while cutting the piece of bread.

"Sir, we can't just started digging randomly. I have to make a map of your palace and mark out those zones which can potentially have the treasure beneath them" I looked at his face before putting the bread in my mouth.

"Okay, I agree with you. You know better than me. By the way how long it would take?" I asked him while chewing the delicious butter coated bread.

"Sir it will depend on how far your palace territory is?" The young guy answered and I looked at him with a smile.

"hamara palace to bahut bada hai lekin humne kabhi jan ne koshish nahi ki kitna bada hai. Aap khud dekh lijiye (Our palace is very big but I have never tried to know how big it is. You go and see yourself)" I smirked at him while giving him a challenging look but he has just smiled in return.

"Wo to main dekh hi lunga Ranaji lekin agar koi guide mil jata to bahut achcha rehta. Hum milk kar jaldi map taiyar kar lete aur apko khazana jaldi mil jata (I would see that Ranaji but if I got a guide then it will be more better. We could prepare the map early and you would get your treasure earlier)"
He gave me a bright smile while showing his perfect sets of white teeth.

chalu hai kamina (very clever and mean he is)

"You are absolutely right!! You should have a guide" I dig my fork deep into the omelette.

"Bhuvan!! Bhuvan!!" The middle age man rushed forward and bowed in front of me.

"Ji malik (yes master)" he stammered in fear.

"Inko pura mahal dikhana hai, samajh gaye. Ek bhi kona baki nahi rehna chahiye nahi to (Show him the who palace, Understood? Not a single corner should be left out otherwise)" He shivered under the intensity of my voice and dangerous expression on my face.

"Ji malik, main samajh gaya. Main sahib ko pura mahal dikha dunga (Yes master, I understood! I will show him the whole palace)" few drops of sweat formed on his forehead which he wiped off from his cotton towel which he used to carry on his right shoulder.

"Ab jao, jane ki taiyari karo. ye log adhe ghante me nikalenge (Now go and prepare for the ride. They will go in half an hour)" I shooed him away and he ran like satan is after his ass. I looked again at my guests then I noticed the seat next Apaar is vacant. Where is she?

"Ae tum, tumhari Gauri bai sa kahan hai? (Hey you, where is your lady Gauri)" I asked the waiter serving at the table.

"Wo mandir gayi hai (She went to temple)" My sister's cold voice greeted me from behind.

"Itni subah subah mandir. Koi khaas kam tha use (Temple this much early. Was there something important occasion?)" I looked beside me and found Sunny giving me an angry glare.