Burning pyres, igniting revenge

Hi my dear readers, I hope you are enjoying Bhuvan's point of view. If you want to suggest anything then please share it with me.

Please give your votes and comments!!

Bhuvan POV

I don't remember that how much I cried in my principal's embrace. He didn't wiped my tears or said soothing words but he did hold me firmly and let me cry. I didn't know when I fainted and he put me in my bed. When I reopened my eyes, I didn't let my tears escape my eyes. I packed my backpack immediately and went outside. My friends hugged me, comforted me and then I touched feet of my teachers. Principal has gave me permission to go and I hopped on the horse which has been sent for me. There was a castle guard waiting for me outside the school and as soon as he saw me mounting on my horse, he gave a push to his horse to signal him that it is time to move. I followed him and our horses gained speed. I have never ride on such a dangerous speed but I have to reach my mother as soon as possible.

The place was at the distance of one day but we were riding fast and we could reach there before dawn. I was thankful of the castle guard that he didn't stop anywhere or asked me anything. I just let the cool air hitting my body and soul to soothe my heart. We reached at the palace as the red streaks appeared in the sky and birds started for their day.

I didn't slowed down to see the flowers in the garden or the roses or the little modifications in the palace. The guards has opened the gate wide apart to let the over speed running horses in the palace premises. I pulled down my horse in front of the main gate and hopped down to rush into the main hall.

When my eyes landed on the three white sheets covering the bodies, I slowed down my steps. The voice of Rudalis (the mourning women) was echoing in the whole palace. The smell of incense sticks has filled the atmosphere. My mother and elder sister in law was sitting near one pillar in the corner and lost in their own thoughts. They didn't noticed my presence and before I could reach them one guard came to me and told me that the king has summoned me.

I went to my right and reached the court of king where he and the royal priest was waiting for me. I touched feet of priest first before bowing to my king. The priest has told me that the bodies should be cremated as soon as possible maybe within an hour. Every preparation has been done and they were just waiting for the karta (the lead cremator) that was me. He told me that he would supervise all the rituals as my father was the royal guard. I thanked him and the king for their help and the king called me near to him.

"Hum jante hain k aap par kya beet rahi hai lekin beta ab jo aap karenge wo aur bhi dukhdayi hoga. Apna dil paththar ka kar lijiye kyunki apno ko aag dena asan nahi hota. Agar aap ye nahi karna chahte to bhi humein bata dijiye hum apke kaka sa ko anumati de denge apki jagah lene ki (I know that what youmust be feeling risht now but the things you will do next would be more painful. You have to make your heart like stone because lighting your family members on fire is not easy. If you don't want to do this then please tell me, I will allow your uncle to take your place)" His big hand hold my little one as he spoke softly to me.

"Apka bahut bahut dhanyawad hukum lekin main apne bapusa aur bhaisa ko aag dunga. Aap bas agya de (Thanks a lot your highness but I will light my father and brother on the holy fire. You just gave me permission)" he patted my head and then stood up from his throne. He was wearing a simple white dress just like others.

The priest called a servant and gave him some instructions. I went with him and he told me to take a bath. I took bath and changed into dhoti (a fabric covering the lower half of the body).I overheard the servant who was talking to the guard that my father and brothers had caught plague and if they could come to the palace on time then they could be saved but destiny has planned something else. I clenched my fingers into a fist because I knew that this disease was not a curse from god but it was an inhumane plan of a white devil. I went back to the hall where dead bodies of my father and brother were kept.