Let it go

"Sometime when you let your grudges go and forgive the ones who hurt you the most. can make you feel more lightened, happy and content" - the rising sun

Author POV

"Please come with our daughter and meet me before I die. Please grant me this wish, Cathy"

She read the sentence all over again for the tenth time. Is this another ploy of him or he is really serious about giving their relation a chance. But why would he make an excuse like death to meet her?

"What are you thinking Miss?" Jenny, her maid and housekeeper asked her with concern while placing the cup of tea in front of her carefully.

"Jenny, he wants to meet me. He said that it is his last wish" she rubbed her forehead with her slender fingers to ease the headache.

"I can understand your condition my lady..." she paused for a second and Cathy looked at her maid cum kind friend.

"You should go...don't let your goodness masked by his misdeeds" she released the breath and nodded in understanding. She thanked her and told her to call a carriage. Her loyal servant instantly obliged her order.

-------------

She looked at the fragile piece of skeleton in bed whose chest movement was the sole indication that the skeleton is still alive. The half dead person has not a single hair on his body and thin layer of skin was looking like a loose sheet which has covered the bones. His veins and arteries were visible through the skin and he was looking scary.

"Jesus!! Have mercy on him" She squeezed her eyes because she couldn't see more. Yes, she has wished that he should burn in hell but the sight in front of her is a living nightmare.

"Mommy!! Mommy!!" Two year old Rose has tugged her long skirt to catch her attention.

"Jenny, please take her outside" Her maid has understood the situation after she has seen her master's condition. Well he deserved that but still the sight of his painful fate has moved her. She nodded and lifted little Rose in her arms to go outside the room. Rose whined a little but Catherine promised her to call her inside soon which made the little girl happy.

"George....George" she whispered his name when she reached his bed.

"Hmm" he slowly opened his eyes and she noticed a twinkle in the light brown orbs.

"Thank you, Thank you for coming Cathy" his wrinkles were also moving while he was speaking. She felt that she is talking to some ninety year old man.

"How are you?" Though she knew that he is in bad shape but she has nothing else to ask. His last act has made her emotionless towards him.

"Better because you came" she didn't want to look at him. Why he is talking like this? Why now, when he has finished everything which they have?

"Why did you call me?" she composed herself and tried not to break down in front of him.

"I need....need your help" He hesitated before asking. He knew that he has lost all his rights over her and how can he expect her help after he tried to kill their only child in front of her eyes.

"Help??" she frowned

"Yes Cathy, I need your help. Can you please read that letter?" He was having difficulty in speaking and she noticed that. She motioned him not to speak and lifted the crumpled paper from the side table.

Her brown eyes scanned each and every word written on the paper. The curse part didn't surprised her much but she couldn't understand how she is related to all this.