Waking the giant

Hi my lovely readers, please share your views after reading this chapter. Thank you, waiting for your comments :)

Alex POV

I looked at the shining piece of crescent shaped jewelry which I just stolen from my wife for sometime till she wake up. It was quite big because it has covered half of my palm. The base was made of white gold and small diamonds were studded over the crescent base. I took Gauri's right hand in my hand and kissed it.

"Sorry love but I needed them" I took out another hairclip in which she has secretly hided a ring. It has broad circumference and beautiful blue sapphire was placed in the center surrounded by small diamonds. I don't know when Gawri has acquired these jewelries but Shankari told me that she must have them.

I pecked her rosy lips and a smile appeared on her face. Shankari was right, heart can recognize the other heart which is beating just for it.

I reached the third floor of the fort which was deserted and dark. The only light was coming from the fire torch shankari was carrying. There was also a basket in her other hand.

"Hukum, aap le aye (Did you get it)" I nodded in yes when she asked me about the things she require.

I took out the ring and crescent shaped hair clip from my pocket and gave it to her. She placed the fire torch in a torch holder and basket on the ground. She wiped her hands on the sides of her skirt. She folded her hands in namaste before touching the jewelries. It was a sign of respect, these accessories must be something important to her.

She took the crescent first and roamed her first finger over its edges very slowly like she was caressing it. I thought she was admiring it but I was wrong. When her fingertip reached near the right side of the crescent she slowly twisted one comparatively big red ruby and a small pin came out with the ruby head. I didn't ask her anything because I wanted to see what she was going to do next.

She took the ring from me and did something. The sapphire came out along with its golden base and revealed a small oval space underneath. She gasped when she looked inside the ring and tears pooled in her eyes.

"Kya hua Shankari ji (What happened)" I asked her in a comforting tone. I really respect her, after all she has saved my mother's life.

"Hukum, isme zehar tha (There was poison in it)" She looked at me.

"Mane Sujata Bai sa ne (Means Princess Sujata had)" she choked on her assumption. I knew Aunt Susie has eaten that poison before Jack stabbed him. The sight of her biting her finger when she was surrounded by Pratap's Men flashed in front of my eyes. So she had this ring on when she died.

"Shant ho jaiye (Please calm down)" She nodded in understanding and then inserted the pin in middle of the space of the ring. The tail of the pin passed through the hole and then from the tiny hole in the golden circle of the ring. The whole arrangement was looking like a small screw driver.

She covered her thumb with the end of her veil and then put it inside the ring space to keep the ruby head in place.

"Hukum, ise aise pakadiye (Please hold it like this)" I hold the diamond studded side with my forefingers and let the ends of crescent pointing upward. She removed another studded ruby from the left of the crescent and inserted the small screw driver arrangement into the hole of crescent.

I realized why such arrangement was required. Since the ruby headed pin was thin that's why it was impossible to twist it through this another hole with required force. The royal ring acts as a poison box as well as a screw to open this crescent.