Royal guard in disguise

Hi my lovely readers, here is the next chapter!! Please tell me your views about it.

Apaar Mehta

This Ranaji has dared to insult me but I will show him what an insult seem like. I went out and crossed the beautiful porch to find my guide waiting for me at the jeep. I hopped onto the jeep and settled myself at the passenger seat in front.

"khamma ghani sahib (Hello sir)" the middle aged man with black eyes and big mustache greeted me by folding his hands and bowed a little. His mustache was curled at the ends and giving a bow formation to it. He has wheatish complexion and the shine on his eyes was showing his years of experience and wisdom.

"khamba gadhi" his cheeks instantly becomes round like he was trying to subside his laughter. He looked towards his right and coughed a little. I was sure he was concealing his laughter in a fit of cough.

"maine galat bol diya shayad (I might have pronounced it wrongly)" I tapped his left shoulder and he turned towards me. I smiled at him and he composed himself.

"kai bat koni sa sahib (Its nothing sir)" He suppressed his grin and turned on the key.

"mera nam apaar mehta hai aur apka (My name is Apaar Mehta and yours?)" His eyes were fixed on the driveway but he was listening me.

"Mhara nam Bhuvan hai sahib (My name is Bhuvan, Sir)" he replied in a cheerful tone.

"Bhuvan ji, Abhi hum kahan ja rahe hain (Where are we going now)" I asked him while putting on my aviators.

"Jahan aap bologe sahib (Where would you wish, Sir)" We have reached the palace gates.

"Thoda idea to dijiye ke kahan par kya hai, uske hisab se tay kar lenge k kahan jana hai (Atleast give me some idea about the whereabouts of the places then we will decide where to go)" He slowed down the speed and then pointed his finger in the right direction.

"Sahab wahan purab me Gauri shankar ka mandir hai, udhar pachhim me khajuri bag hai, uttar me rani mahal hai aur wahan dachhin me banjaro ki basti hai sahib. Ab bataiye kahan le chalu (Sir, there is Gauri shankar temple in the east, there is orchard of dates in the west, Rani mahal is in north and Hub of nomads in the south. Now please tell where should I take you)" He asked politely while indicating each direction. The temple word popped the image of Gauri in my mind and I knew where I wanted to go first.

"Gauri mandir le chaliye, devi ka ashirwad le kar hi hum aaj ka kam shuru karenge (Take me to Gauri temple, I will start today's job after taking the blessings from the goddess)" I replied while smiling. I took out the pair of binoculars from my khakis and started observing the dead surroundings.

"Ji sahib, bahut achcha socha sahib aapne. Mandir to sabse pas me hi hai  (Okay sir, you have thought very well. Temple is actually very near)" I heard his happy tone and I felt glad that he was not a serious guy like he appears.

I was looking at the peaks of small mountains yeah they were much smaller than the Everest, having the height of approximately 500 - 600 feet. Everything was barren and the sun was burning everything like it was taking a revenge. I saw a tiny figure on the mountain and I zoomed in the vision. It was a girl no group of girls walking on a rocky path with their earthen pitchers on their head.

"yahan pani nahi hai Bhuvan ji (There is no water?)" A frown appeared on his face like I have put my finger on his wound.

"Nahi Sahib (No sir)" He gave a crisp reply and shut his parched lips.

"Toh fir yahan k log kaise kam chalate hain (Then how the local people live here)" I couldn't resist myself from asking that question.

"Log, huh (People, huh)" his grip on the steering wheel tighened.