A little trick

Hi my lovely readers, I hope you have enjoyed the previous chapters. Let's come to the story, till now you must have guessed that Apaar Mehta is our own Alex but he is not ready to reveal his real identity. But our royal guard Bhuwan and the older healer Shankari are sure that they will make Apaar confess his truth. How, here is the trick they have used.

Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to give your comments. Keep guessing the next moves and let me know. I always love to hear your point of view :)

Apaar Mehta

"How dare you, you bitch" my roar filled the room when I lunged forward and gripped the dagger blade before it has entered Gauri's neck.

I pulled it away from Gauri and my blood dripped on her forehead. That lady shankari released the dagger all of a sudden and gave me an evil smile.

"Ab bhi the kahoge k thare ko faraq na pade (still you will say that you won't be affected)" she asked again in her challenging tone. I gritted my teeth and turned the dagger to hold it from other side.

"Aao sikander sa, thare jakham pe dawa laga du (come Alexander, let me apply medicine on your wound)" she looked concern. I couldn't understand her, she has a confusing personality.

"Ye sab kya tha (what was all this)" I glared at her angrily.

"Jab insan apni asaliyat se inkar kar de tab use pagalpan ki had tak gussa dilana chahiye (when a person refuse to accept his truth then one should make him angry at the extent of craziness)" she gently took the dagger from my hand and open my wounded palm.

"Apko pata hai gusse me insan apni asli jaban me gali deta hai (you know, a man swears in his mother tongue in anger)" her big black eyes were filled with wisdom gained from years long experience.

"Agar aap hum me se ek hote to aap hamari jaban me gali dete lekin kyunki aap videshi hain isliye aap gusse me ye bareek si bat bhul gaye (if you were from among us then you must have sweared in our language but because you are foreigner, you have skipped this tiny thing)" I realized my mistake. She has caught me off guard with her trick.

She has cleaned my wound and gestured me to sit beside the wall. I looked at her and deciding in my mind about trusting her or not.

"Mhare pe bharosa kar sako ho sikander sa (you can trust me, sir Alexander)" her face was looking like it has been carved out of loyalty. I looked at Gauri, her forehead was smeared with blood, my blood not vermilion.

"Suhagan ki mang suni na rehni chahiye (the forehead of a married woman should not remain empty)" she gave me a little smile.

"Je shadi shuda hai, mhare ko inki bichiya se malum pad gaya tha. The ja k pati ho wo bhi mhare ko gyat tha baki abhi jo apne kiya usse aapne aur sabit kar diya (I got to know that she is married after seeing her toe rings. I also knew that you are her husband but whatever you have just did has just make the fact more evident)." How the hell she knows about my relation with Gauri. For god's sake I have met her for first time in my life.

She stretched her left arm to tell me to have a seat at the ground beside wall. I sat at her indicated spot in cross legged position.

"Jyada na socho sikander sa, hum thare sevak hai, dusman koi na (don't think much Alexander, we are your servants not enemies)" she took my hand and wrapped a bandage around the wound.

"Koi mujhe batayega k yahan chal kya raha hai (will somebody tell me what is going on here)" I asked in an irritation.

"Aap log mujhe sikander kyun samajh rahe hain. Kaun hai ye sikander (why you people considering me as Alexander. Who is this Alexander?)" I asked angrily.

"Bhuwan sa, inhi ki jaban me samjhao inhe. Tab shayad jaldi samajh awego in ko (talk to him in his language. Maybe he will understand more easily then)" she looked at Bhuwan and he nodded a little.

"Thik hai (Okay then), Mr. Apaar, your real name is Alexander and we know that very well." My eyes widened when I heard flawless and fluent English from my chauffeur.

"Don't be surprised please. I have Master's degree in English literature" he smirked at me when he has seen the surprised expression on my face.

"Look Alexander sa, we don't know what circumstances has brought you here but your arrival was aforementioned by our forefathers" he paused to look at my expressions. I knitted my brows in confusion. Has he gone nuts?

"No, I have not gone nuts" he replied nonchalantly. What he is, a mind reader?

"No I am also not a mind reader" he replied in another moment.

"Then what you are?" I gave him a challenging look and he chuckled a little but covered it with a cough.

"I am Royal guard of the lady protecting the royal treasure" he announced proudly.

"I don't believe this Bullshit" anger flashed in his eyes for a while but he blinked it away.

"Give me your ring and I will prove you that we are not giving you any BULLSHIT" he stretched his hand in front of me for the ring. I removed the ring from my freshly bandaged hand and pushed it over his palm.

He went towards a wall opposite of the wall where I was seated. There was a single but big earthen lamp placed in a depression in the wall. He removed the lamp from there by holding it with both hands and carefully placed it on the ground. He took out my ring from his pocket and inserted it there. He turned his hand clockwise and a click sound has produced after that.

I went near to the wall and saw a rectangular stone appeared loose and pushed a little outside the wall in the dim light. Bhuwan gestured me to pull it and I removed the stone.

"Can you see something inside it?" He questioned me when I was peeping into the whole.

I slid my right hand inside it and found something Silky touched my fingers. I pulled it out and looked at it closely.

It was cylindrical in shape with solid golden ends. It was looking like a scroll because the silk fabric was neatly rolled and secured with a red thick silk thread.

"What is this?" I turned it around twice and showed it to Bhuwan.

"A prophecy only to be found by Alexander, that is YOU. We know the prophecy by heart but it is there to make you believe our words" he has a serious expression on his face.

"This scroll has been kept by my father after the death of royal priest and it's key has been handed over to his family. My family don't know who was the key bearer from priest's family and his family don't know who knows the hidden location of prophecy so, don't you think that we have plotted something against you" I was listening his every word.

"What is in it?" I asked him and he smirked at me.

"Read yourself Alexander sa"

Back to secret of the east #Wattys2016जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें