Love story

Alex POV

"Where have you been?" I was drying my locks with the towel while coming out of the bathroom when I heard the stern voice.

"Ah Professor" Thank god, I wore my contact lenses otherwise today my cover would have blown off.

"Yes professor, now will you please enlighten me Mr. Mehta about your whereabouts" his experienced gaze was boring into my soul asking for truth.

"I have been caught into the storm" Well this is whole truth.

"With the beautiful princess, how romantic" he smirked and puffed his cigar

"Sir it was just a coincidence, why are you standing? please have a seat" I immediately brought a chair for him while he was standing near the window.

"In boodhi haddiyon se kitna kam karaoge bhai (How much you will make me work with these old bones)" he half chuckled then become serious.

"Wo Rana pagal ho gaya hai, agar apni aur meri jan ki salamati chahte ho to jaldi kuch dhundo (That Rana has become crazy and if you want me and yourself alive then find something soon)" I nodded in understanding.

"Look Apaar, I don't want my reputation to be ruined by your flirting nature. I want results and that is also very soon. Did you get that?" He eyed me with his steel gaze and I nodded a little in agreement.

"Yes sir, You won't get any complains from my side in future" He lifted himself off the chair and stood full to his 5' 9" height. He is a tough nut for his age, he may look aged but he is quite well maintained himself.

"Ek kam karo, Wo guide hain na tumhara. Kya nam tha...(Do one thing, that guide of yours. What was his name..." he rubbed his forehead with two fingers trying to catch Bhuwan name.

"Bhuwan ji" I provided his name instantly

"Han han wo hi (Yes, yes he is)" he looked at me like an officer looked at his recruit.

"Bhuwan ko bula lo aur ek rough map taiyar karo Bhanugarh ka (Call Bhuwan and prepare a rough map of Bhanugarh)" I lifted his cane from beside the window and gave it to him.

"Ji sir subah karta hu (Okay sir, will do in morning)" I have walked him near the door.

"Abhi karo, us rana ne nak mein dam kiya hua hai (Do right now, that Rana has become a pain in ass)" He scowled at me and his black eyes flashed a sign of frustration.

"Okay sir, I will do it right now and give you the map early morning" His expression softened a bit and he slightly adjusted his oval shaped glasses on his nose before moving towards his chamber.

--------------

"Is it looking okay" I looked at my creation on large white paper where I have marked the directions, landmarks, names of the places, borders, desert, road and every detail Bhuwan has described to me.

"It is looking good hukum. We can use it for the beginning of expedition and we can some more information as we come across more landmarks and things" I looked at the wall clock and it was showing quarter past three.

"You must take rest Bhuwan ji. I think this is good for now, I will make changes if required after showing it to my boss" He take it as a cue to retire for the night.

"Hukum, I have a question. I just can't sleep without knowing the answer" he stood up and asked with slight hesitation.

"Okay, come let's go on a night walk" I closed the door of my room and signaled him to move ahead towards his chamber. The sound of crickets was prominent in the darkness along with the occasional rustle of dried leaves from the orchard. The guards were standing near the gates with rifles in their hands, they looked at us from distance and then get back to their work.