watching over

Alex

I couldn't sleep after knowing the truth of Sam's death and tried hard to distract myself.

'How would Gawri react when she got to know about this?'

'Why her parents had such fate?'

'How could someone betray the person who trusts you with everything?'

I was wandering in my thoughts when I noticed faint light coming from Gawri's chamber. I put on my binoculars and found a shadow going out of her room. I sneaked out and followed that shadow to the King's main chamber. That shadow vanished in the big room by escaping the eyes of the guards.

I scanned the room of that shadow's presence in the chamber and found her pushing a stool near the painting of peacock. She was pushing that heavy stool inches by inches and trying hard not to make any noise but it shrieked when she pushed a bit with more force. I heard footsteps in the corridor and she was looking for an escape.

I swiftly reached behind her and covered her mouth. She tried to hit me to free herself but I was prepared. I dragged her to the bathroom and hid inside the secret passage. She has stopped struggling to escape from my embrace and stayed still. I inhaled her fragrance and relished her warmth.

Someone was yelling in the chamber to look for the intruder but I knew that nobody could find us behind the walls. I loosened my grip over her mouth and she collapsed on the ground.

"Gawri, oh my god. Are you okay?" I patted her cheeks to make her conscious. I checked her heartbeat and I was relieved when I found it normal. I caressed her belly where our baby must be sleeping.

She was looking at me when I met her eyes and I instantly removed my hand from her belly. She didn't utter anything but hugged me tightly.

"I knew you would come" she sobbed

"Please princess, you are mistaking again. I am Apaar not your Alex."

"Oh really then why did you follow me, saved me and now touching me believing that I am unconscious" I was expecting her accusation.

"Because I like you" I had no other reason ready in mind.

"What?"

"Yes Gawri, I like you and want to make you mine even if you are married." I was proposing her as Apaar but my every word was a promise.

"Means you won't accept that you are Alex." she eyed me angrily.

"How could I accept someone's identity when I am not that person. Gawri, I am Apaar not Alex. It is just a coincidence that I look like your husband. But I can assure you that you will find me better than him." She was not convinced by my explanation.

 "Alex, you will admit your identity very soon. Just wait and watch." She crashed her lips into mine and I felt current running through my veins. I wish I could tell her the truth but it was not the right time. But I reciprocated her gesture and kissed her until she was out of breath.

"I don't know if this is Alex's loss but I am definitely getting the advantage" I pecked her nose and smirked.

"let's go to your chamber before guards reach there. I am sorry but I have to blindfold you." I closed her eyes and guided to her chamber.

"Why did you go there?"

"That's none of your business" her blunt answer infuriated me. I could use my husband's right to make her spit the truth if I admit my reality but I couldn't do so.

"Listen up babe, when you are with me, you have to answer me properly" I lightly twisted her hand behind her back.

"You can't just jump on me at one time and dismiss me in the next moment," she smirked

"Oh Alex, you can't hide your temper"she mocked me

"Tell me why you were there" I hissed

"I can't tell you" she resisted

"If you are looking for poison then I would advise you not to go there. Those poisons could harm you and your baby"

"But how do you know that I was looking for poison"

"Because you were trying to open that secret room and the only thing there is POISON. Now tell me what is going on in your mind?"

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation and I had to leave her room.

--------------------

Gauri

"What are you doing here?" he stopped in his tracks and turned on his heels. He was trying to escape from the back door when I confronted him.

"Priya, what a plesant surprise? What are you doing here?" I knew the reality behind his surprised face.

"I asked you first" he was taken aback by my angry tone

"I have come to see my patient."

"Who is your patient?"

"I can't tell you the name."

"Pratap Ranaji" he paled a little.

"Why would pratap need a doctor from other end of the country when he could get the best nearby?"

"I don't know Priya. I just know one thing that he is paying well for my services."

"And what services do you provide?"

"Priya I am a doctor. I can provide medical services. I don't understand why are you interrogating me?"

"Are you friends with Pratap Ranaji?" I knew the answer but I still asked him.

"No Priya, he is a rich man and I am just a doctor. How could we be friends?" I knew he would lie.

"But what are you doing here? I thought you would be in New York."

"I am captive here. Can you get me out of here?"

His stunned expression was false. I knew that but he didn't.

-------------------

Hi my dear readers. I know my apology wouldn't enough for your waiting but still i am sorry. I can't be a cry baby here because I know everybody has a difficult life. Please enjoy your life and give your suggestions for the next chapter as I am facing a writer's block.