Unclaimed property

Author POV

The morning sun rays filtered through the big windows and illuminated the whole penthouse. He tried to hide his face from the striking sun rays because it is just increasing his headache. A plink sound on his phone caught his attention and he fished his pocket for his phone.

He has received an image in the message box. It was image of a beautiful sleeping woman. Her shoulders were bare and her chest was covered with a duvet. Brunette hair was covering most of her face but she was looking just beautiful but familiar too.

His gaze traveled to the diamond pendant lying at left side of her neck and his almond color eyes filled with immense pain.

"Mom" He clutched his head with both hands because he felt that it will explode anytime.

The beautiful woman was no other than his mother, Martha Wilfred because the diamond pendant has beautiful "M" letter in it surrounded by beautiful diamonds. He has gifted that to her on her birthday.

He has never seen his mother like that, god he hardly remember her hair color because she is always covered from head to toe in nun uniform. And now, that bastard!! He has kidnapped her and...and...oh God. Why she is paying for his sins.

The phone ring with vibration and his jaw clenched on seeing the familiar number.

"Good morning son" his so called father asked him with extra sweetness.

"What have you done with my mother Pratap" he hissed in anger.

"First of all, a son never address his father with his name. Always remember that otherwise consequences will be very bad" the voice on the other side half scolded him.

"Now your question, what I did with your mother?" The smirk was visible on the invisible face.

"Well, I did exactly the same thing which is the reason of your existence on this earth" he chuckled and Daniel dig his nails into his palm.

"Didn't you get that? In simple words, I f***** her" he laughed evilly.

"PRATAP RANAJI" He roared with anger, his face become red and he wanted to kill the man on the other side.

"Why are you shouting Daniel?" He fake complained.

"She has also enjoyed it" Daniel's eyes darkened like the night in storm.

"And what kind of son you are who can't see his parents together" he gritted his teeth on the old man complaining words.

"You bastard. I will kill you" he put all his hatred in those sentences.

"Hey boy, cool down NOW and listen up" the voice was stern on the other side.

"I have no time for your complains or threats. Just tell me, have you talked to lawyer Banerjee?" He treated him just like a slave. Why God why I am the son of this monster?

"Now cat caught your tongue" his bastard father has asked sarcastically.

"Yes I met him and he said that I can claim the property but" how Pratap will react to this information.

"But what" he demanded answer.

"But I can't claim it before marriage and I can't transfer it to anyone except my son or daughter."

"If I want to sell any of the property in London then I will need consent of my cousin sisters Gauri and Mreenaal and if they are married then consent of their spouses are also required" he heard breaking sound of something. One thing was sure, pratap Ranaji is clearly pissed off.

"Give me the every detail of your conversation with him, Daniel." His voice was stern and demanding laced with pure anger.

"Otherwise I will crush your mother" Daniel tightened his fist and wished that the villain of his life comes in front of him so that he can give him the apt reply but he couldn't do anything except fuming with anger.

Daniel's POV

If I got an ability to change anything in my past then I would have changed my father because he is not just a pain in arse but a dagger in heart. I don't know what that man is doing with my pious mother but I am sure that he is using her in every mean. How her fragile heart will take all this?

"Daniel??" Pratap's voice stopped his train of thoughts and he reluctantly listened his voice.

"Mr. Banerjee has told me that I can file the claim as heir of King Ragavendra Ranaji by submitting the legal documents and I have to announce this to my cousins in written"

"That's not a big deal. What he has talked about the assets?" his desperate voice came over from the other side.

"He stated that King Ranaji has allotted one million per year for my education and other stuff until I become attains 18 years of age means I have 18 million dollars which I can claim anytime." I really appreciated my grandfather for being generous to me when the lawyer has mentioned that to me.

"The royal jewelleries worth 200 million were in custody of Princess Sujata and he doesn't know what happened to them after her demise since her husband has also vanished from the city." A frustrated sigh came from the other side.

"King Ranaji has also invested huge amount in various businesses and share market which worth more than 500 million dollars but he has given the power of attorney to Princess Sujata. I can't inherit the whole money because it has to be divided equally among me, Gauri and Mreenaal. I can't even sell them without their and their spouses consent."

"What will happen if your cousins and their spouses will die?" I wanted to punch that man for his greed.

"Their share will be transferred to the charitable trust set up by princess Sujata" I heard more cracking sound of pieces.

"There is one more thing" Now this will be like acid on his wound.

"What is that" His frustrated voice came over.

"Two weeks ago, Alex has filed a petition in court that he wants to take care of all the investments of King Ranaji as the spouse of Gauri's husband. He also has the documents in which Princess Sujata has transferred the power of attorney on his name AND the documents are 100% genuine and original"

"WHAT THE HELL....." he screamed and definitely smashed something because this time the breaking sound was very loud.

"Listen Daniel, just challenge Alex's petition in court and also file a petition in Indian court to claim your inheritance of Palace, forts and all the property of Bhanugarh as soon as possible" He barked over the phone.

"And talk to that Bastard Alex. Threaten him or do anything to make him back out" Anger was dripping from his every word.

"You want ME to talk to Alex. Are you insane?" I asked him in surprise.

"Have you forgotten that he is hungry for my life? He has not forgotten what I have done to him. Last time he has thrown me from balcony, this time he will kill me for sure. And how can I threat him? Should I kidnap his parents or his sister? He will rip my throat into pieces, don't you know that??" I barked at him with hatred.

"I don't know how will you do that. I just want my father's property at any cost. Kill Alex or his family but I want you to win the case and then transfer all the money to me or just forget your mother and Stella." My blood turned into water when he mentioned Stella name.

"What Stella has done to you" But before I could finish my sentence, he disconnected the call.

[A/N: Hi my lovely readers, I hope you are enjoying the story. Thanks for being so kind and patient with me. So we have seen that Pratap Ranaji is clearly pissed off because he can't lay his hands upon his father's money because Princess Sujata comes in his way. Now how Daniel will face an angry Alex and what could have happened which has infuriated Alex so much that he threw Daniel off the balcony. He has forgiven him, right??

Another thing is how Alex will appear in England for the court proceeding when he is in India. This is a big secret which will be revealed in coming chapter. Who is the caretaker of unclaimed property in Bhanugarh, you must be curious to know that? Please share your guesses with me.]