Flying without wings

Alex

"Boss, have they seen you?" I wanted to ask him 'what are you doing here?' but it would be very impolite.

"No, I came to check upon you since you were very worried about the princess. But when I reached here, I saw shadows carrying a sack like thing. Thank god you are safe" his face was pale with fear.

"Where did they go"

"There, but you shouldn't go after them. They must have guns or some other weapons"

"Relax boss, I am not going anywhere. Bhuwan Ji, Please walk him to his chamber"

"Ji Hukum (Yes master)" Bhuwan glanced once in the direction those shadows escaped in but he complied my order.

I closed my door and stepped towards balcony.

"Heera" I whispered

----------------------

Cold air was kissing my skin and I felt myself like a bat in darkness of night. Technically I was not flying but I was air-borne and could figure out head lights of a lonely jeep speeding in the darkness.

"Here I come" I tapped the claw of my avian friend and signaled it to drop me.

My unexpected landing on a speeding jeep shocked the shadows.

"Surprise everyone. Let's start the party" I punched one of them and threw him out.

Few punches and kicks were enough to stop the jeep. Heera's sneak attacks were also helpful and ended the fight in few breaths.

I opened the sack and found Bhuwan's son-in-law. The satellite phone on the dashboard buzzed.

"Kitna time lagega (How long it will take?)" A calm but threatening voice came over.

"Keep waiting" I chuckled and drove back to the palace.

--------------------

"Hukum, I don't know how to thank you." Bhuwan ji was overwhelmed when he inspected his son-in-law.

He was also stunned that how I could fetch his son-in-law from nowhere in the middle of the night and that too in short time.

"Bhuwan ji I have my secrets. Don't overthink" I patted his shoulder.

We were on the roof and I casually walked towards the end of the roof. I turned towards him and let my body fall.

"Hukum..." Horror flashed in his eyes but when he reached the end of the roof. I waved him from my balcony.

"Good night Bhuwan Ji"