Burden of Guilt

"Nothing is heavier than the burden of guilt. It makes you tired with each passing second" - The rising sun

Apaar (Alex POV)

"Aap thik to hain?? (Are you alright)" She didn't turn towards me but her trembling shoulders were clearly saying that she is crying and sobbing.

"Main...Main thik hu (I...I am fine)" Her reply was very fragile.

"Can..Can you please put on some clothes" She asked me softly and I said yes. I knew how lack of my clothes can affect her body. The way she was looking at me was making me crazy and I was controlling myself with great difficulty. I wanted to close the gap between us and kiss her passionately until she forget every pain and grief she is harboring.

I wanted to make love to her and apologize her for my behavior back at our home. I want to caress those scar which I have given her. I want to soothe her pain, I was relieved when she was laughing hysterically but she broke into tears all of a sudden. What could have happened which made her react like that?

"Are you dressed?" She asked in a soft voice and I picked up the bathrobe Shankari has given me before I went for bath. It belonged to my grandfather George Wilkinson.

"Umm, yes I am covered much" She slowly turned towards me and I locked my gaze with her bloodshot eyes.

"Rajkumari ji, main nahi janta k aapki pareshani kya hai lekin ek cheez janta hu k is condition me aapko stress nahi lena chahiye (Princess, I don't know what is the problem with you but I know one thing that you should not take stress in this condition). It can be harmful for the baby. Isn't it?" She slowly nodded her head in agreement.

"Apaar ji, can I request you something?" I cocked an eyebrow in response but nodded at her so she could go ahead with her request.

"Yes, Rajkumari ji (Princess)" She frowned at my remark.

"First, stop calling me Rajkumari ji  and second please talk to me English" I smiled inwardly.

"I can understand the first request but the second request is quite confusing. Don't you like Hindi or my hindi is not good" She has got nervous all of a sudden.

"No, no. Your hindi is good, extremely perfect but I feel comfortable more while conversing in English" She looked at me briefly then got interested in the flooring.

"Do I remind you of someone?" Her eyes instantly gazed into my eyes like I caught her off guard.

"Why did you think like that?" She frowned at me.

"Gauri ji, I am not blind you see" I took seat at the corner of the bed.

"I can sense that you are finding someone whenever you look at me like you want some other person instead of me" Her face started changing color from pink to red with embarrassment.

"I..I..I am sorry if you felt so. There is nothing like that" She turned her face away.

"Oh really. Then why you get zoned out whenever you look at me? Am I that hot or is this normal for you" anger flared in her almond color eyes when she looked at me.

"Hold your tongue Mr. Apaar. You have spoken more than enough. Don't forget your place here" Her tone was clipped but threatening.

"What do you think? I would get afraid and apologize to you." I smirked at her.

"Listen Princess, You have made me think like that. I have not told you to look at me with those dreamy eyes. The way you look at me can melt any male and ignite the desires in him." Her face drained all the color and become paper white. But the next moment she was on top of her anger with a cute tomato red face.

"JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE" She stood up and yelled on top of her lungs. I smirked at her and walked out of the chamber whistling. I love to infuriate you darling because you lot HOT in your angry avatar!!

Gauri POV

"Shit, Shit, Shit!! What have I done??" I slapped my forehead. Why did I request him not to call me princess and talk to me in English? What is he thinking?

"I look at him with dreamy eyes, crap" Why Gauri, why you have increased complication for you. I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"It is true that eyes speak aloud more than words and you have given him that look not once but several times thinking about Alex. He has interpreted it right" My reflection scolded me.

"But, but" I stammered as I have no answers.

"What but?? What did you think, you will tell him to shut up and he will shut his mouth. You have tried that and what have you got. He answered you back, a bitter answer, the truth. You have looked at him with pure lust. What do you expect from a young man like him to think? He has answered very appropriately. Either you tell him that the reason why you looked at him like that or he will continue thinking that you are a characterless woman who teased him to bring him near to herself" My inner voice has a point. If I have not stopped him then he could pursue me.

"But how can I trust him. If he take it otherwise then" I asked my reflection and a grin spread on her face.

"Then break all his bones" Her reply gave me some peace of mind. She is right, I can make him see his place in a minute if he tried to take advantage of my condition.

Author POV

The night of New York City was still young and the crowd is enjoying the evening with zest. They were dancing, laughing and celebrating but one man was busy in drowning himself in drinks. He was fighting with himself to forget everything, every pain, every emotion, every responsibility and even that he is under watch. Hell, nobody can dictate his life, tell him what to do and what not. But that old hag is making him dance on his tune. Bastard!! He slammed his glass on the marble counter.

"Give me another" He looked at the bartender with half opened eyes and he hesitated.

"Umm, sir. You have already had more than enough. I..." He grabbed his white collar and pulled him near.

"Now you will tell me if I had more than enough" He slurred and tried to steady his voice.

Next moment the drunk man was pulled by two muscular men and thrown out of the pub. He sat there near the wall and dig his pocket for the phone. He looked at the picture of beautiful woman of his life and then dialed her number.

"Hello" her sleepy voice soothed his soul.

"Hi babe" He gathered courage and uttered the smallest word.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" she barked over the phone.

"Babe, please listen to me" He slurred when I tried to form a sentence.

"Are you drunk" her voice was laced with concern

"Umm....yeah. I have......I have.....big burden...... on my soul" He couldn't hold anymore and break into tears.

"Every time you say this and then hang up. I am fed up of all of this. Either you tell me what is going on with you or break up with me" She gave the final decision.

"Ella, it is about" Someone grabbed his phone and disconnect the call.

"You are not allowed to do this" Before he could resist he was shoved into a cab and transported to his penthouse.

"Boss will talk to you in morning" he was thrown into his house like a rag doll and he slept on the floor.

"I am sorry Gauri. I made your life hell. please forgive me" he break into tears and cried on top of his lungs.

[A/N: What do you think my lovely readers? Who could he be? Next update will come soon :) Please give your lovely comments and votes!!]