Thank you dinner

Gauri POV

"GAWRI, jump!!" my body was stunned hearing my name because it was just not my name. That sound, that sound was HIS. Yes, it can't belong to anyone except him. My heart fluttered in that moment and soul stirred with the fear and concern which was being carried with that sound.

It was not a request, it was a command and my body knew that it has to act on it willingly or unwillingly. My feet sprang forward in the direction of the sound just before the ground beneath me opened with a gurgle. A pair of strong arms grabbed me mid air and everything seems to follow in slow motion.

My senses were working more efficiently as I could pick his smell which he has masked with some perfume. I could feel that his brown irises are plastic like and hiding something behind them. His grip on me was firm but gentle and the way he flipped midair to land first on ground refreshed a particular memory in my mind.

"Alex" he stiffened

"You alright??" His eyes roamed over me to check any injuries.

Footsteps echoed in the Royal chamber as the guards appear one by one in the room.

"What happened?" The bulky leader of guards demanded explanation while looking at our lying figure and then his gaze moved towards the square shaped hole in center of the room.

He whispered something to his man, maybe a message to Pratap but he could have call him. The sidekick ran on his doubles and Pratap appeared after few minutes.

"Oh great, so finally you guys got something" Pratap beamed at us and I turned my face away in disgust.

"We have just found it, I still need to inspect it properly so I would suggest you and your people not to disturb anything lying underneath" Apaar or I must say my Alex was ordering firmly.

"Very well Mr Mehta but one of my man will be there with you." Pratap was surely not letting us check it alone.

"But I already have Bhuwan ji and.." I briefly squeezed his hand to make him stop arguing.

"Okay, fine. But we will check it tomorrow as we are already tired and have not eaten anything since breakfast" Pratap nodded in understanding and told us to continue our search later on. His men temporarily sealed the chamber and two guards were assigned especially to ward away any person near the room.

I and Apaar had our meal in silence but I stole several glances of him. The way he was eating, chewing the food, wobbling of his Adam's apple, wiping his lips, everything was screaming that he is my Alex.

But he can't be my inner voice doubted again.

'No he can' I scolded my inner voice

Alex can't speak Hindi properly my inner voice tried again to become reasonable.

'who knows, he might have learn Hindi in the decade we were away' I fired back at her.

Then why he didn't tell you. Even if he didn't get time to tell you then also anybody from mom, dad, Tori or Adam must have knowledge about it but they even didn't tell you. she started arguing with me.

'maybe he has not told them about it. He might have thought that it is not that important' yes it can be possible.

Gauri, you are not sure. Don't jump on conclusions. He is Apaar and every logic support his identity  WHICH is different than Alex. I knew that my inner self wanted my safety but I also knew that my heart can't be wrong. He is my Alex, my husband Alexander Miller and now father of my child.

'you don't worry, I will find out his truth' I told her to stop.

But ..... She has annoyed me like hell

"Can you please shut up?" I think I have shouted my inner self a bit louder as Alex raised his head and gave a weird look which says "Are you nuts?"

"Oh sorry, I was thinking something" He nodded in understanding and resumed eating.

"Umm, Apaar ji" He gave a questioning look

"I wanted to thank you for saving my life" I started the conversation after few seconds

"No need princess, just be careful next time" His advise was laced with concern

"Would you like to join for dinner tonight at my chamber?" He was stunned at first on my request and blinked his eyes several times.

"Umm, I think...umm.. okay" He bit his lower lip which is quite typical of Alex when he become nervous but I find it cute. He avoided my gaze by being busy with fried rice in his plate.

"What's your favorite?" I have lost interest in my plate as his nervousness was entertaining me more than that.

"You" he replied without looking up

"Excuse me??" I was stopping myself from blushing

"Oh..I meant to say that you can decide the menu by yourself" He coughed a little when he realized what kind of message his one word reply can convey.

"Ah..thank you. I hope you will like it Apaar ji" I smiled inwardly while forming an evil plan

-------------------------

"Bai sa, badi achchi khusboo aa rahi hai. Koi na keh sake hai k je aapne pehli bar banayo hai (My lady, it is smelling so good. No body can tell that you have made it for the first time)" Nupur smiled at me while placing the dish on the four seater dining table.

"Thank you Nupur" she beamed with happiness and left to get fresh flowers to arrange in the vase placed at the center of the glass topped table.

The knocking of door announced the presence of Apaar Mehta aka my Alex in disguise and I turned to witness the most handsome creation of god. He was wearing a white polo T-shirt with dark blue jeans.

"Please come" I smiled widely which made him uncomfortable

"Good evening princess" I gestured him to take the seat across me on the table

"Thank you for coming Apaar ji" He smiled a little and I realized that he is trying to assess my changed behavior

Meanwhile, Nupur arrived in the chamber and did a namaste to him. He asked about her well being and she replied while blushing. I knew how much the good looks and silky voice of my husband can affect the female gender.

"Dinner shuru karen (Shall we start)" I tried to gain their attention and Nupur nodded in understanding. She quickly but beautifully arranged the fresh flowers in the yellow stoned vase in center and started serving the dish.

"Hukum, bai sa ne ye dal bati khud banayi hai (My lord, my lady has made this dal bati by herself)" She chirped while placing the ghee soaked bati in his plate and his expression was hilarious.

Although, Alex loved Indian food but when it comes to greasy items, he always made me feed him because he doesn't like the greasiness on his fingers.

"Nupur, thik se ghee dalo. ye bahut kam hai (Pour some more refined butter. This is very little)" I noticed his eyes become saucer like on my order.

"No princess, this is very much. I...I..am bit conscious about my diet" He tried to be reasonable

"Umm, princess, I have never tried this dish before so can you please guide me" he curled his fingers into a loose fist near his plate when Nupur has finished serving the dish.

"Sure Apaar ji. Why not?" I showed him how to break the ghee soaked bati and adding a layer of churma over it followed by the dal and some more ghee. His adam's apple wobbled up and down while I was demonstrating the eating method.

"Please have it and tell me how it is" He slowly uncurled his fist and dig his fingers into the ghee. I knew he was getting irritated with the sensation but I was enjoying it.

"Yum, its amazing princess" He licked his fingertips after finishing his plate in ten minutes.

"Can I have some more?" he has not shown any irritation on his face while eating

See, I have told you. He is not Alex. My inner voice mocked me and I fumed in anger