Planning fake friendship

Hi my lovely readers, sorry to make you wait but I was not feeling well lately. But I have regained my health and will try to update asap.

Please VOTE and COMMENT on this chapter.

Please tell me how do you like the look of Captain Wilkinson :)

Bhuwan POV

One year passed and I forgot that incident. Our Gurukul (open school) was near the border of Bhanugarh and princes and sons of ministers of various kingdoms get educated there. From past one year, I was listening that Gorey (white) people are taking controls over many kingdoms and collecting tax from people while the kings were just sitting on the throne for formality.

One day, I saw Prince of Raunakpur sitting near the shiv Mandir (shiv temple) in deep thoughts. We were best friends despite of difference in our status and age. Yes, he was 12 while I was six but he always shared his every problem with me.

He was throwing pebbles in the pond next to the temple. He always did that whenever he felt afraid or angry. What could be the reason today.

"K hoya kunwar ji? Aaj kis bat pe para chadh hua hai Raunakpur k bhavi maharajah ka (what happened Prince? What has irked the anger of to be king of Raunakpur)" I asked casually but his face fell after looking at me. I felt that he will break into tears anytime. I quickly side hugged him and rubbed his back.

"K hoya kunwar sa(what happened Prince)" panic settled in my heart. He looked at me like he was deciding in his mind that should he tell me his problem or not.

"Mhare ko bata sako ho. Thakur ji ki Saun, kisi ko na bataunga (you can tell me. I swear on Lord Krishna that I won't tell a soul)" I assured him and his lips quivered.

He hugged me and cried on my shoulder for good ten minutes. I wiped his tears and make him sit on the big stone.

He sniffed and went to pond to clean his face. When he returned, he was quite relieved.

"Bhuwan thare ko yad hai pichle hafte hum masa se Milne gaye the (you remember, last week I went to meet my mother)" I nodded in agreement and he spoke further. His mother was ill and king has requested our teacher to send him for some days.

"Rani sa thik to hain na?" Please god, don't let anything happen to his mother.

"Masa thik hain Bhuwan lekin hamari riyasat (mother is fine but my kingdom)" I frowned in confusion when he mentioned his kingdom. What could be wrong with the kingdom which has affected him this much?

"Goro me hamari riyasat par kabza kar liya hai (white people has taken control over my kingdom)" I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. His kingdom is the next big kingdom after Bhanugarh and very near to our borders. Does it mean that those firangi (foreigners) will come to our kingdom too.

"Han Bhuwan, je sach hai. Baba sa ab sirf nam k raja honge. Jab mhare ko je bat pata chali to hum baba sa se Milne unke mahal pahunche. Hum unke kaksh me Jane hi wale the ki humne ek firangi ki awaj suni. (Yes Bhuwan, it is true. My father is just a king for namesake. When I got to know that, I went to king's palace. I was about to enter his room when I heard voice of a foreigner)" I focused all my senses on his narration because that information can help in saving my country. My royal guard blood kicked in through my veins.

These English men has spoiled the minds of our neighbor kings. There was a time when small and big kingdoms lives in harmony but since these foreigners came, they want to fight with each other. I have heard from the guards that these people follow divide and rule policy.

They encourage their ally king to attack the other in order to claim more land and they help them by providing their army on Liege. When the other king get defeated, they set their troops in both kingdoms and slowly take control.