Virtual keeper

Author POV

"James" blue eyes looked at her with concern and he immediately came to his wife who was standing at the door of the study.

"What happened Love, why are you looking worried" he embraced her fragile figure and took her inside.

"James, you should listen to this" she handed the Bluetooth like gadget to him.

He listened the content and then dialed Oliver's number.

"Oliver, tight the security around Tori and Maxwell House. I don't want any strangers near them." He ordered like an army commander and got the response like one.

After retirement from army, he has always wanted a peaceful life but least he knows that he has to fight once again but he is happy that he is protecting his family.

"Don't worry Love, nothing will happen to our kids" his blue orbs gazed into her brown eyes.

"James, what about the petition" A frown appear on her beautiful face.

"Honey, you are underestimating our son in law skills. Don't worry, Adam has not lost any case and he will give his best to this case" he caressed her face.

"But if Gauri has been summoned then" he made her sit on the sofa and gave her a glass of water.

"We will try our best to prevent such situation. Alex will appear on her behalf and we will submit their marriage agreement documents to support his status." She sighed and nodded in understanding.

"Let's go to sleep. You have a long day tomorrow" he closed the door when they come out of the study.

Rose POV

I was restless after listening to Daniel's and Pratap's conversation. Pratap has become so low in greed that he is not ashamed of using Mary to blackmail his own son. He has become a devil from the lecherous man.

"What happened Love" James sweet voice broken my trance and I looked at the dressing mirror which was showing his handsome face. He was lying on the bed looking at me with concern.

"You are combing your hair from last ten minutes" I noticed that my hand in holding the comb which is stuck on my locks.

I quickly brushed my hair and then joined James on bed.

"What is bothering you Rosie" he took my hand in his soft hand and caressed it with the thumb.

"Nothing James" I replied with hesitatingly.

"You know you can't lie to me" he cupped my face with his left hand and gazed into my eyes.

"James" he dipped his head and kissed me. His sweetness filled my mind and heart. He hugged me tightly and I embraced him back. My body relaxed and I felt secured.

"Darling, I will protect you and our children at any cost even at the cost of my life" I put my hand over his lips.

"No, never say that please." I don't him to leave me ever.

"Okay, I won't say that. But please tell me what is going on in your mind" he caressed my hair.

What should I tell him that what is bothering me. Many things are going in my mind. I am worried for my kids safety. I don't know what is going on with Gauri, I want to see her again, I want her near to me. I want to comfort her for whatever my son has done to her. I am scared of Pratap because I don't know at what extent he can go to fulfill his greed. I have responsibility of protecting Susie money and investments. I am worried about the court proceedings. We also have to take care of Miller diamonds as well.