Feeding the bird

Author's POV

"Excuse me for a minute, I have to take this call" The private number flashed on the screen which caught his attention. He hurriedly stepped out from the glass door to receive the call in balcony of his bungalow.

"Pranam Mama sa (Greetings Uncle)" he put all the politeness in his voice.

"Ji Mama sa, jaisa aap kahen (Okay Uncle, as you say)" the conversation was brief but it formed a frown on his face. Why his uncle and foster father was worried? Nothing could ever agitate that man ever and even if something happens then his uncle has never shared his worries with him.

-------------

He checked his watch for the tenth time, he has come much earlier. There are still fifteen minutes left for him to come. He decided to jog for a while to kill the time. He stretched his hands and legs to do warm up and some girls whistled in his direction. He spared a glance to them and then resumed his warm up.

As his feet hit the grounds of jogger's park, the morning breeze has raked his raven black hair and olive skin. He felt light and increased his speed to complete two rounds of the park in the short time.

"Are... your..... ears........ahh..... stop working...... when you jog?" Soft fingers tugged his t-shirt to slow his speed and he felt a jolt of electricity.

He stopped and looked at the girl who left behind. She was leaning forward resting her hands on her knees to catch her breathe. He gave an annoyed look when pair of grey eyes raked over his body. Her face was flushed and red, drops of sweat were scintillating under the morning sun and few loose strands are sticking to them. His eyes lingered on her pink lips before moving to her slender neck and checking out the anatomy behind the V-neck pink top.

"Liked what you see, handsome" Can she ever stop being a seductress to him.

"What do you think?" He smirked at her

"I know you can't avoid my beauty and you want to ravish me" She wrapped her soft fingers around his left biceps and a current surged into his veins. He briefly closed his eyes to savor her touch but her behavior broke his trance.

"You are self obsessed Carol" he shrugged off her delicate fingers off from his hand which upsets her.

"I am obsessed with you Rahul" Her grey eyes were filled with lust but he has hoped a little more from her. Only if she has changed her attitude a bit then he has given their relation a second chance but she is still a b**** like earlier.

"Are you done?" he shrugged off her delicate fingers off from his hand which upsets her. He didn't give a second glance to her and sped off to meet the person far more important than her.

------------------

"Pranam Mama sa (Greetings uncle)" the bowing figure has caught attention of the retired commissioner and he looked at the mirror image of his belated friend and also has some features of his beloved sister.

He caressed his raven silky hair to bless and ordered him to rise which he immediately complied. Although, God has done injustice to him by not killing his heir and by taking lives of his sister and brother in law but his nephew has never make him feel that he is son less.

"Kya bat hai mama sa? Aap bahut udas lag rahe hain (What is the matter uncle? You seems quite upset)" His polite tone soothe his heart and he eyes met his gaze.

"Rahul wo Mrinal...." His voice quivered and body shivered with an unknown fear. Rahul immediately hold him sideways with his strong arms.

"Mama sa sambhaliye apne aap ko (Uncle, hold yourself)" He supported his uncle aged figure with left hand and pulled out the water bottle.