Always a backstabber

Alex pov

"Alex" his voice was just more than a whisper

Sweat broke onto his caramel color skin and he was trying to compose himself

"Sanket, I always knew you as my best buddy but now I am feeling like I don't know you at all" I gave him an accusing stare and guilt covered his face.

"Alex, it's true that I befriended you with a motive but I have never betrayed you as a friend" he gazed into my eyes

"Why have you befriended me?" I didn't have much time to describe how hurt I was with his truth because I had a plane to catch. I could not use my private jet as it could raise doubt in my enemies.

"I was raised to train you about our custom, tradition, language and religion. I knew about you since teenage and I have worked very hard to teach you everything I knew" I smiled inwardly thinking about my hindi lessons with him. No matter how many times I made the mistake, he always remained patient and corrected me with a smile.

"Who has assigned you this task?" he remained silent for few second but didn't break the eye contact.

His silence was getting on my nerves and I was staring down at him with a complaining gaze.

"I don't have time for your silent answer Sanket" I told him rudely

"Princess Sujata Ranaji" he finally uttered a word. I was surprised but somewhere in my heart I have expected that answer because i have her letter with me.

"Don't lie to me Sanket, she is dead" I eyed him with a suspicious look

"You are right but it was her wish that you learn everything about her motherland. I can't tell you anything more than this." his answer was crisp like his tone.

"Do you have anything else to tell?" I eyed him one last time before turning away from him.

"Wait buddy!!" he shouted and his footsteps echoed behind me

"Take this and stay safe" he pulled my left hand and put the ring in my palm. Concern was etched all over him when he told me to stay safe.

"You were a great friend Alex and I feel honored to become your friend" he spoke softly while his eyes and went in another direction. I wanted to stop him but I didn't stop him because I had more important things to deal with.

(Flashback ends)

"Hukum.....hukum" Bhuwan approached me in my chamber panting heavily.

He shut the door behind him and I told him to calm down.

"What happened Bhuwan ji?" I waited for a while so that he can catch a breathe

"Hukum, there is a bad news" his face become serious

"Hukum, pratap has sent his men to banjaro ki basti to get information about last night attack" it was indeed a bad news. His men might torture innocent people but the good thing is that they won't get anything.

"Don't worry Bhuwan ji. They won't get anything"

"But what about bheema hukum" how could I forgot about that guy.

I thought for a while and then I got an idea.

"When his men will reach that place?"

"Hukum, it will take one hour or more to reach there as it is raining lightly outside"

"Hmm, okay. You can go" He looked at me with a blank expression

"Wait Bhuwan ji, I am very hungry. Can you please send some meat for me. Make sure that it is lightly cooked" he gave me a weird expression but didn't utter any word.