Grudge

"Why are you so smart Gauri" Danny gave a sad smile when I handed him the coffee mug.

"Means" I took a seat beside him

"How did you get that video" I gave a small smile

"Rohan" I knew that I need not to elaborate further.

"But I couldn't understand why that man is after Alex and me. If he has any grudge against us then why he has abducted aunt Martha" He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know Gauri. I asked him the same thing many times but he didn't answer me. Maybe he wanted to put my face as villain to hide his identity. He also told me that he has some other tasks for me. He is keeping a watch on me, Alex, you, everyone related to you and me." this man is really dangerous. What else he wants from Daniel.

His phone rang and Daniel seems annoyed. He attended the call and looked in my direction.

"We have to go. He has sent his man" I nodded in understanding.

His man was standing outside Daniel's house in black suit. He blindfolded us and we travelled to an unknown destination.

-------------------

I adjusted my vision in dim light of the poorly lit room. It has a table in the center and jagdish sinha was sitting on the other side.

"I have prepared a new plan for you two.  You have already ruined my earlier plan. No issues but make sure that the truth remains between you two. So firstly you..." His sharp gaze swept over us

"Why are you doing this" I interrupted him which he clearly didn't like.

"Listen girl, you can lose your loved ones if you keep on interrupting me." he hissed

"You loser, you think you can threaten me" I angrily challenged him.

"Alex will arrive tomorrow and you have to follow this plan" he ignored me

"You have to break Alex so much that he lost his mind and throw you out from his house and his life" with his every word my anger was rising to next level

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS" I slammed my palms on the table

"Kill her best friend" he looked at me and took out his phone and calmly order someone.

I was shocked when he disconnected the call.

"Now you must be happy by taking you best friend's life" I was rooted to my spot

"What you did with Mrinal" I mumbled

"Well, I took her life. You don't believe me then please go to her and check yourself. We can discuss this plan later on" I called her with my trembling hands but she didn't pick it. Panic rose in my heart and I break into sweats. I didn't know where I am and how I can contact her.

A projector showed Mrinal lying lifeless in a pool of blood at her home. I fell on my knees and cried loudly.

Daniel hold me sideways and let me mourn.

"Poor girl, she could live some more if you have not interrupted." that vile man mocked me.

I lunged forward and grabbed his neck. Another voice boomed in that room and commanded me to leave him otherwise he would kill vibhu. I loosened my grip and he coughed for air.

"Thanks buddy" he waved his hand. God how many enemies I have.

"So where were we? Yes, breaking Alex emotionally" he composed himself while my tear filled gaze was fixed at my best friend lifeless body.