Saving disguise

Alex

"Bhuwan ji, where is your uncle?"

"Hukum he is no more. He has committed suicide." He was hesitant.

"Bhuwan Ji I want the truth" I eyed him angrily.

"Hukum he is a black spot on our family honour. He deceived our king for some girl. He stole money from the palace and eloped with her" He answered bitterly.

"And who told you this"

"He left a note for the king. His Highness was so furious that he never called me to guard the princess. I would never forgive my uncle"

"Do you know who this man is?" He cocked a brow

"This is your uncle" he stumbled backwards

"No, it can't be. I can recognize my uncle very clearly"

"But you didn't recognize him with a swollen face when he came here"

"How can you be so sure that he is my uncle?"

"When he saw me, he asked me about his location and his identity. I told him that I am Mr Wilkinson and he requested me to send him to the king's palace before he dozed off."

"Hukum what is his name"

"Kulwant Singh Suryavanshi" his eyes become wide and he rushed to his uncle side.

He stared him for few minutes and gently caressed his injured head.

"Hukum who could do this to him and why? He was just doing his duty." His voice faltered.

"Bhuwan Ji, take care of him. He can give us valuable information" he nodded in agreement

The sun was going down when I came out of Shankari house. Another day is wasted and my boss would not be happy.

We reached the palace by night and I encountered a fuming professor Joshi.

--------------------

"Rana Ji if you want us to find your heritage sooner then please keep your princess away" Pratap wasn't happy with my professor stern tone.

"Sorry to say but she is of no use to us and my assistant couldn't focus on his work properly in her presence" my boss was openly insulting me but I couldn't protest.

"Okay, I will talk to her" he sent a servant to summon her.

"Hukum, Bai sa mahal me na hai (princess is not in the palace)" my heart raced.

"Kya matlab mahal me nahi hain. Wo humse pehle yahan k liye nikal chuki thi. (What do you mean by she is not in the palace. She left before us)"

"What the hell? Where could she go?" Pratap muttered.

"I have told you this girl is only a problem for us." My boss hissed.

"Go find her" he mouthed. I nodded and storm outside.

--------------------

"Where are you Gauri?" I mumbled in the serenity of the desert.

I and Bhuwan have searched every place but couldn't find her. We were wandering in the middle of the night clueless about her location.

"Have we checked everywhere?"

"We haven't checked Rani Mahal" we drove towards the queen palace which was heavily guarded.

"Why there are so many guards?"

"Pratap comes here very often that's why the security is dense"