Hidden possessions

Hi lovelies, enjoy the chapter but don't forget to leave your comments!!

Apaar (Alex)

Bhuwan was leading the way of spiral staircase while holding a fire torch. The stairs have ended in front of a big wooden door and We have reached a big dark room which has no windows or any small outlet. I was thinking that how we are able to breathe in such room. I figured out in the dim light that the room was completely empty. At least there should be some life size painting of some maharajah or heads of deer or Lion. But there was nothing, just empty.

"It's so dark here, can you light some fire torches here" I have asked in mother tongue (British accent) and I really felt good after a long time. It's not like that I don't like Hindi. I liked my wife's language a lot but one can't forget the satisfaction of talking in his own lingo.

"Hukum, wait for a minute. The room will illuminate like a star studded sky" I sensed amusement in his voice. He went to the wall on right side of the door and slid out something from the wall. Maybe another stone. The ceiling has made a noise and I felt that it parted in the middle and the surface opened like petals of an inverted lotus. There was a white circle just few minutes ago.

A big chandelier came down at a steady speed and halted in front of my chest level.

Bhuwan has lighted the candles neatly placed inside the glass jars attached to the chandelier. After lighting a dozen of candles, he went back to the wall and did something which lifted the chandelier back to the ceiling. The whole room illuminated instantly because the ceiling has many mirrors reflecting the lights of candles.

"Woah!! Man, this is good" Bhuwan grinned at my surprised face.

"I knew you will like it Hukum (My Lord). But wait there is more" he smiled at me with a hint of amusement and indicated at the door.

I went near the door but a palm size brass lock with weird key hole was hanging in the center of the door. I took the lock in my left palm and looked at Bhuwan. He tapped his right finger to indicate me that the ring Sanket has given me is the key of the lock.

The ring has small protruding solid triangles of gold around its circular center. I took out the ring and inserted it in the key whole. I twisted it clockwise and with a click sound the lock opened easily. I removed the lock from the door and gave it to Bhuwan who has put it in a depression in the wall. he gestured me to push the door and I did it out of curiosity but the door opened into an empty but big room.

"What is this Bhuwan ji? First this empty room and then this one. Don't your kings use any furniture or any other things?" I scowled in his direction and he chuckled lightly on my reaction.

"Hukum, you forefather in laws were very particular about the maintenance of their belongings be it expensive gems or simple wooden furniture. That's why they have specially ordered their civil engineers and architects to build their forts in such a way that everything can be concealed after use." He said proudly. Civil engineers, architects, concealed furniture and utilities. God!! But forefather in laws was funny.

"Concealed items, Aha!! Then what do I need? some kind of goggles to see those concealed items." I asked in amusement and Bhuwan gave a hearty laugh on my reply and I really liked him for doing that. 

"N..N..No Hukum, you don't need those sci fi goggles for that" he replied in between his laughter.

"Sorry hukum, if I have offended you" He apologized when he realized that he should not laugh on his master's reply.

"Its okay Bhuwan ji, Please be yourself with me. I don't want you to change for me. You can consider it as request or order, its up to you" I really wanted him to be himself and not like a servant.