Good news

Hi my lovely readers, the mystery is getting intense. Isn't it? Well then hand on to know more about Gauri and Alex. The chapter is short because I have other things to do as well but I promise I would update soon.

Please give your comments as I am waiting for them.

Apaar Mehta

'Khamba khadi' oh god this greeting. Really a tongue twister!! I can't say that so I used the better option which was Namaste.

"Namaste, lekin main koi sikander nahi hu. Main Apaar hu, Apaar Mehta. Main yahan kisi sarkari kam se aya hu (namaste but I am not any Alexander. I am Apaar, Apaar Mehta and I have come here because of some government job)" I tried to keep a straight face and indirectly told them not to annoy me by calling 'sikander sa'.

"Jo hukum sikander sa (as you wish sir Alexander)" they again replied in unison. Do they have a habit of saying everything in chorus?

I scowled in that middle age lady direction, she has this amused expression.

"Rajkumari ji kahan hai (where is the princess)" my gaze wandered to the length, breadth and height of the black stone courtyard but didn't find Gauri.

Wait courtyard should be open then how come it is covered. The ceiling was looking like a temporary shade.

"Ye bans se bana hai hukum (this is made of bamboo, my lord)" I tore my gaze from ceiling and looked at the five and half feet Long man staring at my tall figure with an awe expression.

"Hukum, ye bans ki khapachchiyon se taiyar ki gayi hai. Wo Pahiya dekh rahe hai, usko ghumane se ye bans ki chadar hat jayegi (my Lord, this is made of thin sticks of bamboo. Look at that wheel, one can remove this bamboo sheet by rotating it back.)" He clearly wanted to impress me with his wisdom.

"Apko kaise lagta hai k ye bans ki chadar bawandar ko rok sakti hai (how do you think that this sheet of bamboo can protect us from sand storm)" I frowned in his direction and he grinned like going to surprise me.

"Hukum, wo chhote chhote pahiye dekh rahe hain. Har pahiya ek majboot lakdi k fathe ko is chadar k upar sarkata hai aur jab ye sare pahiye ghuma diye jate hain to is chadar k upar ek moti lakdi ki padat ban jati hai. (My Lord, can you see those smaller wheels. Each wheel drives a thick wooden plank over this bamboo sheet and when all these wheels have been turned then a thick and strong wooden layer cover the bamboo sheet.)" I was really impressed by his explanation and his face lit up.

"Apke ane se pehle hi humne sare pahiye ghuma diye the (we have turned all the wheels before your arrival)" he smiled at me showing his efficient accomplishment of job.

"Bahut achcha kiya aapne. Maf kijiye main apka nam puchna bhul gaya (you did a splendid job. Sorry but I forgot to ask your name)" I praised him because he has done a good job.

"Kanha hukum, kanha nam hai mhara. Ye bheema hai, wo birju, wo shankari, wo..(Kanha my lord, my name is kanha. This is bheema. He is birju, she is shankari and he)" I raised my hand to cut him off and politely requested him to lead me to princess Gauri.

He understood my concern and lead our way inside the fort. The sandstorm was hitting the walls and generating a howling sound. We went upstairs and reached a big room. It was old with no furniture but it was clean. These folks have maintained the fort very well. I was really feeling bad for them that they have lost their homes in the storm.

There was a rectangular table like platform carved out of stone in the middle of the room. Gauri was lying there unconscious and the healer girl was attending her. There were earthen lamps kept on different places like at the corners, holes in the walls and the room was well illuminated.

The teenage girl covered half of her face and bowed while doing a namaste and I returned the gesture.

"Kaisi hain rajkumari ji ab (how is the princess now)" the tone was more like an order than a request.

She looked at the lady shankari and she went near her. The girl whispered something in her ear and she told the girl to step aside.

She hold Gauri's left wrist and serious expression covered her facial features. She looked at Gauri from head to toe like looking for something and her eyes gleamed with joy when her gaze landed on Gauri's feet. What's interesting in her feet which makes this lady smile.

"Kanha bhai sa!! The log bahar intezar karo. (You people can wait outside)" she indicated birju as well to follow the other people.

They sneaked out of room without uttering any questions. She gave some instructions to the girl, maybe she is her daughter because the girl resembles a lot to the lady. The young healer went out if the room and she focus her gaze on me.

"Kunwar sa, apke liye khushkhabri hai (son in law, there is good news for you)" she smirked at me.

First sikander sa, now this kunwar sa. What the hell does it mean? I was confused, only if I could access Google for few minutes then I could know what does it mean?

"Main samjha nahi. Khushkhabri?? Kaisi khushkhabri?? ( l didn't get you. Good news. What good news?)" I frowned at her.

"Thari zindagi ki sabse badi khushkhabri. (The biggest good news of your life)" I was really confused but I have to know it.

"Aur wo kya hai (And what is that)" I asked her in a plain voice.

"Bai sa umeed se hain (our lady is expecting)" I was more confused. 'Umeed' means expectation but what expectation.

She was waiting for my reaction but when she saw that I am confused then she opened her mouth again.

"Aap baap ban ne wale hai kunwar sa (you are going to be a father)" I was stunned, the time has stopped after those words. My gaze traveled at the beautiful unconscious figure and stopped at her belly.

I am going to be a father. My baby!! My baby is there. I put my hand over my mouth and I closed my eyes. Many emotions swirled in my heart and soul but I put them down.

"Main inka pati nahin hu (I am not her husband)" I replied coldly.

"Achcha?? (is that so)" she gave me a challenging look.

"matlab aap sikander sa na ho (means you are not Alexander)" she eyed me curiously.

"nahi main apaar hu (No I am Apaar)" I replied with neutral expression.

"Mane thara bai sa se koi nata na hai (Means you don't have any relation with the lady)" I nodded in no but deep inside my heart was getting wounded with each refusal.

"Mane bai sa k sath kuch bhi howe, thare ko koi faraq na padego (Means anything happens to the lady, it won't affect you)" My throat went dry, I sensed a threat in her voice. I closely monitored her actions, her right hand went behind her back and something flashed in her hands.

"How dare you, you bitch!!" I roared in anger.