Sand Storm (Bawandar)

Hi friends, sorry for the late update. Please enjoy and give your comments!!

Apaar

I turned towards the halting voice and found the weary face of Bhuwan. He was wielding a sword which was stained in red color and his red kurta was also reflecting the same hue.

Do I have to fight with him too? I asked my consciousness and it told me to wait for his explanation.

"Kya hua Bhuwan ji? Aap ise kyun bachana chahte hain? (What happened? Why do you want to save him?)" I trapped my enemy's neck between the rock and my foot.

"Sahib ise maf kar dijiye, ye mhara damad hai (forgive him, he is my son in law)" I looked at the old man and then slowly removed my foot from his neck.

"Re chhora, tu aththe Kai ayo? (Hey boy, why did you come here)" he grabbed his son in law collar and made him stand on his feet.

"Bapu sa, mhare ko lagya k ye shehri mhare gaon walan ne Mar raha se (father in law, I thought that this city dweller is beating my villagers)" he touched Bhuwan's feet immediately before replying.

"Je sahib ne thari lugai ki laaj bachayi aur tu (this man has saved your wife's virtue and you)" I cut him off and moved towards the foot of hill.

"Sahib mhare ko maaf kar do (please forgive me)" the young man followed me and folded his hands in gratitude.

I patted his shoulder and took hurried steps towards the spot where I have left Gauri. She was looking pale and the other girl who was running in front of her when goons were chasing them was covering her face to shade it from sunlight.

I didn't ask anything to anyone. I just picked her up in bridal style and moved towards Jeep. I took out the water bottle and sprinkle some water but she didn't wake up. I patted her cheeks gently but she was still unconscious.

"Bhuwan ji, yahan hospital kahan hai (where is hospital here)" I asked him or ordered him or shouted at him, I don't know because I knew only one thing that Gauri is not responding. God, my Gauri is not responding!!!

"Sahib" he croaked under my angry gaze.

"Kya (what)" I literally shouted at him. My heart was beating faster and heat was running in my veins.

"Sahib, hospital chalis kilometer door hai yahan se. (Hospital is forty kilometer away from here)" the girl replied meekly.

"Bapu sa, vaid ji ne bulau? (Father, should I call the local healer)" the young man asked Bhuwan and I roared.

"Ab kya tumhe invitation chahiye uske liye (do you need an invitation for that)" he flinched and instantly called for the healer.

A boy immediately ran down the hill and said something.

"Sahib, vaid ji shehar gaye hain. Apko banjaro ki basti Jana padega. Ab mangli hi Bai sa ko thik kar sake hai (healer has gone for the city. You have to go nomads town. Now only mangli can heal her)" he stammered while giving the information.

"Bhuwan ji, rasta bataiye (tell me the way)" I hopped onto the driving seat. Bhuwan took the front passenger seat while the girl has settled herself beside Gauri. She put her head in her lap.

"Chhora, ya sabne thikane laga de (boy, remove all of them)" Bhuwan ordered the young boy and he nodded in understanding. I looked at the bloody corpses at the ground for the first time. Oh that's why they didn't come back, great!!

The young boy has touched his feet again and I started the engine.

----------------------------------------------