Unknown killer

Alex POV

"Kya hua Bhuwan ji? (What happened, Bhuwan ji)" he gave a mourning expression in reply. We were going to the king's chamber to check the secret passage and with every step his expression is becoming more serious like we are going to attend somebody's funeral.

I asked him once again and he eyed me angrily.

"Hukum, aap jano ho fer kis vaste puchte ho (My lord, you know very well then why are you asking me?)" I knew that he doesn't want any royal secret to be revealed in front of Pratap but now we don't have any option left.

"Bhuwan ji, kuch nahi hoga (nothing will happen)" I tried to assure him but he didn't seem much convinced.

We have crossed many corridors and reached the king's chamber and the big rectangular opening was looking at us like an innocent child. I looked at my team which includes my beautiful wife, Bhuwan ji and the new addition in the crew, a big muscular giant who was a loyal man of Pratap.

---------------

The darkness was not very welcoming and a creepy feeling was settling in the pit of my stomach. It was an empty room when I lighted the glow stick.

"It is empty, there must be some secret door or cupboard to hide the things" the giant has spoken like a pro. So, he actually has a brain in his thick bald head.  

We have looked at every nook and corner of the big empty room. I and Bhuwan knew that whatever is there will not become visible until we either use my ring or get some other lever like mechanism.

"There should be something" I heard the giant mumbling to himself while caressing the wall in front of me and knocking at it simultaneously. When Pratap's hired man stopped towards his right, Bhuwan ji looked at me while his right hand moved towards his back where he put his small dagger. I gestured him to put it back by staring him intently and he withdraw his hand from the weapon.

"Have you find anything, Mr. Kalra" He nodded in affirmation and remove a stone from the wall. Bhuwan ji face has turned into stone and fingers clenched into fists.

The wall in front of me drawn at one side to reveal the glass cupboard in its center. My eyes widened when I realized what the glass cupboard has on the shelf. Gawri has already taken steps towards the small vial emitting faint blue light.

"Your assistance is not required princess, you may leave the place. We would take care of it from here onward" I was politely rude to my wife and her red face confirmed how offended she was.

"Excuse me?" She asked to confirm with a frown.

"You heard it right princess, these things must be handled with great care and only expert assistance is required for that. If you want to help then you can please send my boss here." I explained to her but she was not looking convinced.

'Please love, go from here' my heart pleaded silently, I don't want her near to this cupboard which is loaded with different kind of poisons. The radiations from these poisons can harm our child.

"Bhuwan ji, rajkumari ji ko le jaiye yahan se (Take the princess away from here)" he nodded a little in understanding.

"Bai sa.." He stopped at the exit and Gawri thankfully decided to leave from there after sparing me an angry glance.

-------------

(Flashback)

"Mr. Miller, this way" the bank owner of the reputed bank personally lead me to the personal locker room.

"You could have sent any of your staff with me, Mr. Ronald" I asked him politely and the aged man smiled at me.

"Princess Susie was my friend and client, Mr. Miller. She has personally requested me to hand her things to you when the time come. I could not hurt her kind soul by refusing her request" His eyes was little moist when he was talking about her.

He handed me the key of the locker and left the room. I looked at the golden number engraved on the key and then opened the locker in front me. It contained a small wooden chest, I gently took it out and placed it on the table.

It has some bank documents and a letter in a beautiful handwriting but what surprised me that it was written in hindi which says

My dear Alex,

I know that you are surprised that how do I know that you can read hindi. Well, I just know that because I have make sure that you know hindi when you find this letter. You will find this letter after my death but it doesn't mean that my care and love for you has also died with me. You are like my son and destined to become part of my family. I have not much time left with me to explain everything to you. I have cancer and am left with few days to live. I am handing over some money and my precious daughter to you. I know how much you love her and nobody can take care of her like you do. Please accept this money as your wedding gift from your aunt Susie. God bless you.

I let the tears fell from my eyes after reading that letter and when I looked at the amount she has left for me, I was speechless.

(Flashback ends)

I looked at the familiar antique poison glass vial which I have found at aunt Susie's house when I was searching it when I was about to propose Gawri. I have picked that poison bottle considering it to be a perfume bottle and take it to a perfume expert to know what kind of perfume it is then he told me that it is actually a slow poison, a lethal carcinogen. I was stunned to hear that and when I read aunt Susie letter then it became clear that somebody is hiding in shadows of Pratap. Aunt Susie's death has become a mystery and I have asked my private investigator to look into it before I came here.

Aunt Susie letter has raised many questions in my mind like

How does she know that I am going to be part of her family?

How she makes sure that I know hindi when I got her letter?

How she has got cancer and why didn't she tell anyone?

Who has given that slow poison to her and why?

I have not shared this information with Gawri because I thought she will get hurt. She was at peace thinking that she has taken revenge by killing Jack. I didn't want to ruin her happiness so I kept that piece of information with me.

After Gawri left me and I got to know that Pratap is after all this trap then I decided to go after her. William has taken my place at hospital and I was about to leave the place when I noticed someone sneaked into my room at midnight.

(Flashback)

William acted like he is sleeping and I hid myself behind the curtains. A man appeared in the dim light and I readied myself for attack but he doesn't have any weapons in his hands so I decided to wait and see what he is upto. He went near to William and gently took his right wrist in his hand and looked at his watch. He observed William's wounds and then sneaked out of the room and I followed him.

"Pranam baba sa (Greetings father)" the intruder made call after leaving the room and I eavesdropped his conversation.

"baba sa, kunwar sa ki naadi ekdum sthir hai. Unke prano par kisi prakar ka sankat nahi hai (Father, I have checked his pulse, it is stable and there is no threat on his life)" I recognized the calm and composed tone but why he has come to check upon my health at this hour. Why the rumors of my critical condition moved him so much that he has to come here and whom he is talking to?

"Nahi baba sa, humne nahi di (No father, I have not given him yet)"

"Ji baba sa, abhi hum unhe de kar yahan se nikalte hain (Okay father, I am going to give it to him and then I shall leave)" he cut off the call and turned around.

"Hello Sanket" His face lost all color when he found me behind him.

"Care to explain?" His Adam's apple wobbled up and down while his face break into sweat even in the air conditioned room.

"Alex" He stuttered.

To be continued.......