Chapter 50

LUCY

"Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called, Yellow"

Nagising ang diwa ko at napatingin sa grand piano kung nasaan si Mark na tumutugtog. He was humming and singing. Mula rito sa dining table ay kitang-kita ko ang malapd niyang likod habang tumugtog siya ng piano... habang tinutugtog niya ang isang kantang sobrang pamilyar sa'kin.

"I swam across

I jumped across for you

Oh, what a thing to do

'Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line

I drew a line for you

Oh, what a thing to do

And it was all yellow"

Ngayon ko lang napakinggan ang kantang ito kahit na nasa modernong panahon na ako. The song titled Yellow owned by Coldplay. Ilang beses itong napadaan sa playlist ko dati but I never got a chance to listen to it.

Now listening the song with a piano melody and him singing, the whole song sounded so sad.

He memorized it and practiced it so he can sing it to me in right tunes. He always sang that song to calm me down whenever I had an attack. He always sang that song for me to sleep, to make me feel at ease, to cheer me up. Minsan winawala niya sa tono at sinasadya niya pang pumiyok dati para lang patawanin ako. That song brought so much memories of us. Hope, happiness, love, joy, sadness, pain, betrayal, grief, anger, hatred, disappointments.

"It's true

Look how they shine for you

Look how they shine"

I inhaled sharply when memories flooded on my mind again. Ngayon naintindihan ko na kung saan humuhugot ng lakas yung replay na ituloy ang plano.

She was right, the cut was to deep and no time can heal it, painted scars, unbearable pleads, the feeling of losing someone you love, fearing for your life every day, silent cries at night, the sadness and pain is too unbearable.

No that I remembered everything. Fuck them. Fuck those people who ruined us, who ruined me. Here I am suffering from the past, hindi makawala sa sakit, sa galit at sa lungkot.

I want justice for us, for us who was wronged, who was played for a fool, who became their bait, who was used for their own benefit.

"Lucy ok ka lang?"

Wala sa sarili akong tumango at muling huminga ng malalim.

"Talaga? Galit ka?"

Umiling ako.

"Eh gago bakit mo pinagpuputol mga tinidor at kutsara namin?! Tarantadang to!"

Napatigil ako sa ginagawa at napabalik sa realidad. Natapos na ang kanta pero hindi pa rin umaalis si Mark sa grand piano, seconds later, he played the song again.