Chapter 3

Chapter 3

**

I reached the office, got out and locked the car behind me. As I made my way towards the door, I saw Ethan pacing around, talking on the phone. He stopped talking when he saw me coming. Furrowing his eyebrows, he ends the call and slides his phone in his pocket.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, curiously.

"I want talk to Dad," I simply replied.

"About?" God! Can he be any less curious?

"I won't tell you."

"Why won't you tell me?" He shot back.

"Because first I'll talk to Dad and then I'll tell you guys," I answered.

"You guys?"

"You, Ryan and Will. I will tell you later." I replied, annoyed.

"Fine." He huffed.

"Going somewhere?" I asked. Don't tell me there's another meeting? My brothers go to a lot of meetings. Few of them are here in London and few of them are outside London.

"I'll tell you when I come back." He said, smirking.

I stared at him, dumbfounded. "Are you for real?" He simply shrugged. I was about to ask him further, but he shook his head. "Fine. Come and tell." I said, huffing.

He raised an eyebrow, amused. "Okay. Now I have to go. A meeting awaits."

"Come back safe."

"You keep yourself safe and don't worry about me." He said, smiling.

"I'll always worry about you," I said, hugging him as he kissed my forehead.

"Bye. Take care."

"Bye. I will." I bid my goodbye as his car arrived at the front door. He was probably off to the airport.

I went to the elevator, the personal elevator that only my family can use. I saw a security guard standing outside, looking at me curiously. From the curious look, I could see he was wondering who I was. Once realisation hit him, his eyes widened. He casts his eyes down in respect. I shook my head.

"Thank you."

He was surprised for a minute, but manages to give a small smile. I took the elevator to my Dad's office. Without knocking, I entered which I shouldn't have done. There, sat on his chair was Dad, attending a meeting. But there weren't many people as I would expect.

A man in his forties and his son, I presume to around Nate's age. His son gave me an evil smirk before looking at my Dad, who just now looked up at the source of disturbance.

His eyebrows shot up. "Gwen?"

"Sorry, I should have knocked." I said, smiling guilty.

He shook his head. "You don't have to." I nodded and made my way towards him and sat on the hand of the chair beside him.

"Any problem?" I asked, examining the interior of some hotel.

"Yeah." He answered, furrowing his eyebrow.

"What is it?"

"You would know?" The man asked, sarcastically.

"I would." I replied, curtly.

He raised his eyebrow and was about to say something, but my Dad interrupted him. "She can give me any suggestions she want." He said in a cold voice. The man grumbled, but nodded.

"They want us to invest in their hotel in California, which they are now planning to built," Dad explained.

I nodded. "So what is the exact problem?"