Chapter 39

Chapter 39

**

Ashton.

My jaws hung open as I threw an accusing glare at Ashton who just stood there, looking anywhere but at me.

"Ashton, can I see you upstairs, please?" I said through my clenched teeth. And then I turned to Gina who was still standing there, looking confused. "Wait for us here, sweetheart. I'll see you in a few minutes?" Gina nodded and ran towards the kitchen.

I caught Ashton's wrist and dragged him upstairs towards his room. I closed the door shut behind me and stalked towards him as he was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"What is the meaning of this?" I hissed. I knew there was a hickey on my neck, but this dark was not something I thought.

"Well, for everyone to know that you are taken." He shrugged.

"I am not taken." I argued.

"Yes, baby doll. You are." He said, taunting me.

"No, I'm not." I shot back. "Especially not yours."

He raised an eyebrow and placed his hands on my waist and pulled me down on the bed with him. He was lying flat on the bed with me above him. I placed both my hands on either side of his face to keep my body off him. My hair falling as a curtain to the outside world.

"That's going to stay there." He whispered, referring to the hickey.

"What if not?" I questioned, softly.

"It's not up for an option. It stays there for a few days."

"I'll cover it up with makeup."

"Then I'll give you another one." He smiled.

"I'll cover that too."

He smirked. "I'll give you so many that you won't be able to cover it."

"What about my brothers?" I questioned. "They won't like it."

He placed his hands firmly on my waist and rolled us around until I was flat on the bed. He leaned closer, his lips inch away from mine.

"I don't give a damn." He said, before leaning in and kissing me softly. I wrapped my arm around his neck and kissed him back. We kissed for a few seconds before I pulled back.

"I can't keep doing this." I said, shaking my head.

"Yes. You can. I'll make it up to you." He leaned in for a peck. After that he stood up and offered me his hands. I took and stood from the bed. "Gina and everyone are waiting downstairs. Let's go."

I nodded and followed him to the door. "Wait," he called. I turned to see him walking towards the study table. He opened one of the drawers and removed something.

"I believe this is yours," he said and placed an object on my palm. It was the charm bracelet that Tyler gave me. "You dropped it here the last time you came."

With that he walked out of the room, leaving me standing there, shock.
I still stood there shock as Ashton strolled out of his room, downstairs. I hastily followed him. As I entered the kitchen, I saw Barbara, Ashton's step-mom cooking. Gina was sitting on a high stool and Ashton stood next to her.

"You're back." Gina squealed. She jumped down the stool and came running towards me. I bend down to her level as she hugged me again.

"Oh!" Barbara exclaimed. "I didn't know you were coming." She directed her words towards me while looking at Ashton, who was busy eating. I rolled my eyes and Barbara followed.