Chapter 49

Chapter 49

**

Today indeed was a long day.

Since Will decided he wants to accompany me to school and act as my bodyguard to make sure I'm fine and in his sight, he did. He drove Ryan, Max and I to school. Ryan and Max gave him weird looks to which I snickered and Will glared at them. We reached school soon and got out of the car and rushed to the ground for the Friday announcement.

Amber, Alex and Chris were waiting for me at the end of the stage while there was utter silence as Principal Ben was talking. No one knew what happened a night before, only my family. I decided to keep it that way. If Amber came to know about it, she surely will cut out the plan, which I can't risk, so I kept my mouth shut.

I couldn't see Ashton from where I was, but I saw Tyler standing there, looking distracted. He had a sad and longing look in his eyes. As if feeling a stare, he turned towards me. He gave me a sad smile with regret swimming in his eyes. I smiled back at him, trying to reassure him that it's fine.

"Gwen?" Chris called. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Why won't I be?"

"Because Principal Ben completed his talk and everyone is waiting for you," he answered, giving me an unsure look.

"Oh!" I said, looking around to see everyone giving me an expectant look. I sighed and walked up to the stage. I bit my lips and looked around. I spotted Ashton standing next to Ashley. He was looking at me with regret. I just looked away and cleared my throat.

"Alright. So as everyone knows that the fire took place at the beginning of the week and that the whole lab was destroyed. The lab will be closed and instead of that you will have a different project that your teacher will tell you and the class you will be going to is put up on the board, so check that out." I said, looking around.

"The treasure hunt that we were conducting will be continued. It's tomorrow, so all the team who have entered be ready. You have to reach school tomorrow early at 7. The one who aren't a participant can come to see and cheer their respective friends. The main event will be taking place at the football ground, so be there on time. While the activity is going on, I don't want any cheating or fighting or whatever. What clue is given to you, concentrate on them, rather trying to pull the team down which is ahead of you. No violation of any type. If we find out, the respective team will be disqualified. We have the rule book for this which will be handed tomorrow first thing in the morning. Be good and it will be fine." I explained.

Soon the bell rang and everyone was off to their class. As for Will, I don't know what to do about him.

When I stepped down the stage, Uncle Ben came to us. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Will standing there, looking out of proportion. Uncle Ben looked at me questioningly. I just shrugged.

"May I know why an old man like you is in my school?" He asked. I snorted while Will gave me a glare. It was only three of us now. I shooed the rest to class.

"Who are you calling old?" Will said, looking offended. "Because I'm sure as hell not."

"You know, beside me and the teachers, you are the only one who is dressed in suit, looking all intimidate and ready to kill."

"So? I'm not leaving her." Will said, jerking his head towards me.

"How am I suppose to attend my class if he won't leave me?" I asked Uncle Ben.

"You certainly can't." Uncle Ben answered.

"She's not leaving my sight!" Will exclaimed. Uncle Ben looked in between Will and me.