Chapter 38

Chapter 38

**

Gwen

I don't know what was wrong with me. I mean, I freaking blushed in front of him. And now he'll get ideas and he'll continue his pestering.

To make an exit from there, I picked my and Tyler's coffee and rushed towards our booth. But I felt someone walking behind me. I turned to see Ashton right on my tail. I raised an eyebrow at him. He just smirked. I turned back around, walking. He is making me nervous for no apparent reason.

"Hey. What took you so long?" Tyler asked and picked his coffee that I just placed in front of him.

"That would be me." Ashton said sharply, taking a seat next to me.

Tyler looked at Ashton, but didn't say anything while Ashton glared at him. I looked back and forth between them, before letting out a sigh. Oh, well!

I took a sip of my drink and I hissed. "Hot, hot, hot."

This caused their attention to turn towards me. Tyler looked concern, but couldn't hide the amused glint in his eyes while Ashton let out a laugh.

"You just took your coffee. I'm sure it didn't come out of the refrigerator." Ashton smirked.

"Yeah, well. I didn't know it would be this hot." I justified.

Tyler snickered. Ashton turned his attention back to him. "What are you laughing at?"

"I need to answer you because?" Tyler shot back.

"Because I asked a question." Ashton answered as if he was talking to a retard.

"A question, I don't want to answer." Tyler replied. Don't tell me, this coffee is going to start a world war 3.

Before Ashton could reply, a shadow loomed over us. Our attention turned back to the shadow, or shadows. Of course. There stood Ryan, Amy, Noah, Alex, Chris and Amber.

How the hell did they come here? I left a message for Amber that I was coming here with Tyler. I didn't know she would invite herself with the whole gang. And from the looks, I think Ashton is the one to inform my brother. But they left together for Lucas's house. Now, that reminds me, why is Ashton here again?

"We might take a bigger booth since we all are here?" Amy suggested. We nodded and went for a bigger booth.

I was sitting at the corner near the wall and next to me was Ashton. Amber wanted to sit next to me, but when she saw Ashton eyeing the place next to me, she happily gave it to him. Traitor.

So I was stuck between the wall and Ashton. Yay, my life.

"So, what are you guys doing here?" I asked, breaking the silence. Tyler looked up and gave me a smile.

I returned and turned to others who began talking all at once. I was about to cut them off when I felt a hand on my thigh. I tensed and turned to Ashton who was causally sipping his latte. I placed my hand over his and tried to push it away. Keyword: tried.

He smirked in his latte, but kept his hand firmly on my thigh. After trying to push his hands away, which I failed, I gave up and let it be there. Ashton smiled in satisfaction.

I then turned my attention back to others. "Well, you left me a message that you were coming here. And it's been long since we've met. So I thought why not. And it would give me a chance to meet Tyler too." Amber said.

"We met yesterday." I deadpanned.

"Still too long." She waved her hands at me. I just shook my head. Suddenly, I choked on my coffee when I felt Ashton's hand moving up and down slowly, leaving tingles behind.