Chapter 9

Chapter 9

**

"Hello?"

"Will?" I called, struggling to breathe as I was talking and running, all at the same time.

"Gwen? What the hell? You went to a club without informing me? Where the bloody hell are you? Shit! Why are you so breathless?" Will's frantic yell was all I could hear now. He had to be home because I could hear Ryan shouting, Max trying to calm him down and Blake calling Nate. Damn, Nate! "Answer me."

"I..I.." I can't, I have to stop. I quickly caught my breath. "I'm in trouble. There...there are some guys chasing me. Will..." I was cut off when I felt one of them coming really close to me. I ran faster in a zigzag manner, rounded few corners and went down an alley. I stopped at end of the alley to catch my breath when I was sure they weren't behind me.

"Gwen?" I heard Will continuously calling my name.

"Sorry." I breathe out because of all the running. "Please come and pick me fast before they catch me, Will. Come fast." I pleaded. I was really scared now.

"I'm using my tracker to track your phone. Don't lose it," he warned.

"Okay." I replied.

"Keep talking. You'll know that I'm here." He said as I heard a car door being slammed shut. "Nate and I are coming, don't worry."

"Will...I'm scared. Come fast." My eyes burning with unshed tears as I learnt my position. I'm running from some people who want to catch me and do hell knows what. Tears were now streaming down my face. I sniffed a few times. I have to be strong and not a crybaby. "I'm scared. What if they catch me? I don't...I just.."

"Hey, baby girl. Don't worry. We are coming okay. Shh! You're safe. We're just there. Almost reached. You're strong. You're not weak. You can fight."

"My battery is low," I whispered, checking the battery bar.

"Tell me your exact position?" He asked. I got up and ran out of the alley.

"There is nothing nearby. I came out of an alley. Can you track me?" I asked, hopefully.

"Yes I can." With that my phone switches off. Shit! I stared wide eyes at my phone. At the same time, I heard voices from left. I turned around and saw the guys looking at me.

Wide eyes, I turned and ran again. I looked back to see if they are following me and indeed they were. I ran faster, all the practice from my gym class paying off now. I looked back again as my hair flipped in my face. Looking straight again, I saw a car coming towards me, but it slowed down as soon as it saw us.

I stopped running as the car stopped in front of me, only two feet away. Will came out of the passenger seat. Relief washed through his face as well as mine and Nate. I ran towards him and flung myself in his arms, crying.

"Shh." He smoothened my hair. "It's okay."

"What about them?" I asked, my voice breaking.

"Leave them to me." I heard Nate say. I don't know what happened next. I just know that Will lead me to the car and settled me in. Checking me if I got hurt anywhere.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, checking my face.

"No. I didn't let them touch me."

"Good." He sighed in relief.

"Let's go." Nate said as he made his way back to us. He didn't say anything and backed from the place, making a U-turn. We left for home. Everyone is going to be angry at home.