Chapter 56

Chapter 56

**

Soon we found ourselves on plane, flying back home. Mom had called me before we left for airport to say she was angry. She shouted enough to make me feel like I'll go deaf if she didn't stop. I wanted to flinch away a few times, I did but Nate was sitting in front of me making sure I listen to all that she had in store for me whereas Ethan sat at the far corner, laughing his head off. I kept sending him death glare, but stopped when I received one from Nate and listen to Mom ranting. Soon I cut her off saying that I'm coming home and that she can start telling me off then. Without waiting for her response, I ended the call and threw the phone at Nate. When he glared at me, I just shrugged.

"Cut her some slacks. I think we already did enough and she has yet to hear from Dad and Uncle Ben." Ethan interrupted. My eyes widened when he said Dad along with Uncle Ben are waiting for me. Let's just say, I'll be dead in two days.

The flight was tense and quiet. There was no excitement at all. Chris and Amber have yet to solve their problem. Tyler was fine, but he was so in his thoughts that he didn't pay attention to anything. Will, Ethan and Nate were talking among themselves. Ryan and Ashton were with me. It seems that they aren't angry anymore. We are going back to where Mr. Black is out planning something. While the rest were just sitting, listening to music or talking in hush tone.

The sun had set by the time we reached back at our respective home. I kissed Ashton goodbye and told him that I'll call him. I had to tell him too about the stuffs that happened. I talked with Amber and Tyler about meeting at apartment and this time with more company than expected. We agreed to meet tomorrow. Saying goodbye to the rest, we left for home.

Upon arriving, I saw Mom and Dad were already waiting for us at the entrance. As soon as Mom saw us, she came running to me. She pulled me in a hug, muttering how scared she was, completely forgetting that she gave me a migraine on the phone. Dad stood there with a blank expression.

When Mom touches my face, I winced from the slight pain in my jaws. "What? What happened?" She asked, her forehead creasing in worry.

"Got punch in jaws." Will muttered angrily. He slowly and gently took my face in his hands and inspected the bruise.

"I'm fine." I reassured him. All I got was hmm in return.

"Do you want me to call Aunt Benny?" Mom asked.

"No, it's fine. I'm fine. Really!" I said, shaking my head.

"Come on in." Mom hurried us all in.

But before I could go to my room, Dad called. "A word in my office." He walked to his office without saying anything else. I sighed and followed him. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Will opened his mouth to protest, but Mom gave him a stern look and shook her head. Great! Will isn't going to save me.

"Tell Blake to check on her after she talks to Dad." I heard Nate tell Ryan.

I closed the office door behind me. Dad was already seated on the couch. I went and took a seat next to him. His expression was still blank, which scared me to death.

"Dad?" I softly called.

"You promised." He began, quietly. I looked at my hands, knowing I broke the promise. "You promised you would think through. You promised that you won't put anything at risk, but you did the exact thing I said not too. You risked your life. How could you!?" He yelled at the end.

I flinched back, tears welled in my eyes. "Dad..."

"No! This will be last time you ask me to go somewhere. You're not going anywhere from now on! You are on house arrest, grounded for the rest of your life!" He told me in a strict tone. I could feel his anger waring off.