Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Chris Gregory as Colton Haynes.

**

You would really think that after a threat the person will call you again? I thought no, but Eric really had it coming.

"You really do have a death wish, Eric. When I get my hands on you, I will kill you so brutally that no one will ever recognise you," I snapped at him, dangerously.

"First, my name isn't Eric and second, I'll love to have my life back, thank you very much." An amusing voice said. Wait, that's not Eric's voice.

Uhh...My bad.

I checked the caller ID to see it was an unknown, but the voice was quite familiar. "Who's this?"

"Shouldn't the head girl know everyone's name?" The voice sounded like a man, perhaps a boy.

"I'm the head girl, not a walking phone book," I said. "Now will you do the honour of telling me who you are?"

"I'm hurt you don't recognise me, baby doll." A fake hurt voice called.

There is only one person that calls me baby doll.... Ashton.

"How the hell did you get my number, Ashton?" I asked in irritation.

"Ah! You remember me, probably from the nickname I gave you, didn't you?" He laughed.

I tried not to smile, but his laugh was contagious. "What do you want?"

"I actually wanted to tell you to meet me early tomorrow." He said.

"What for?" I asked in confusion.

"Assignment," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But we aren't given any dish to make?" I asked, confused yet again.

"Yeah. We aren't, but still. We have important things to discuss," he said, smugly.

Is he talking about...me doing anything he asks for? Shit! I'm in trouble. Change the subject.

"Why are you in cooking, anyway?" I asked. It was a safe topic to discuss.

"My step-mom," he grumbled.

"Oh, so you're a Mama's boy," I said, laughing. Who would have thought?

"She's not my real mother," he said, but one could hear the distaste when he said real mother. There was obviously some bad blood between his birth mother and him.

My laughter slowly faded. "So what? A mother is a mother. It doesn't matter if it's your step-mom or real Mom. I'm sure your step-mom loves more than your real Mom?"

"Yeah, she does." His voice held distant smile.

"You're still a mama's boy." I laughed again.

"Shut up, Wilson." He groaned.

"Scared of the truth, Roy?" I teased.

"No!" He exclaimed.

"Sure," I laughed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Depends what it is?" He said, as I settled on my bed.

"Your surname isn't Roy, is it?" I asked. I don't know, it felt weird.

"No. It's my middle name."

"So why do you want people to call you by your middle name?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Just. My full name is Ashton Roy Carter." He said and then paused. "Wait a second, why am I even telling you this? We aren't friends."

Okay. That hurts. He said we aren't friends, but from all the fights we had in school or whenever, what can I expect!