3. Phase

KIKI

I pull my hair up into a messy bun and put on a tank top along with denim shorts. I walk downstairs and sit in front of the fan. Sam walks in and his eyes slightly widen.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's just really hot." I reply taking a deep breath. He nods uneasily and grabs the phone.

"You might want to get here soon." Sam says into the phone. "Yeah, she is." He glances at me. "Bring Leah and Paul." He looks back at me. "I know, but it could help." He looks at me and suddenly I'm angry. "You should probably hurry." He hangs up and my chest starts heaving. "Kiki, just try to relax." Sam says easily stepping back.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do!!!" I yell jumping up to my feet. He holds his hands up and takes another step back.

"Okay, but it'll only get worse if you don't try." He states.

"Shut up!!!" I snap, slamming my foot down. My chest continues to heave. He nods and takes another step back. The door opens and my head snaps toward it. Paul, Jared, Leah and Harry step through.

"Guys be careful, she's worse than we thought." Sam says. I snap my head back toward him.

"I SAID SHUT UP!!!!" I yell louder than the first time.

"Kiara, relax." My blood boils at the use of my first name. I shake with rage.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!" I boom.

"Kiki, take a deep breath." Leah says slowly approaching me. I clench my fists and my chest continues to heave. "Trust me, I know what it's like. I was you once. I know what you're thinking, I know what you feel, I know all the questions you want to ask but you can't because some things keeping you from it. I know." She now stands in front of me. My chest heaves slower and I unclench my fists. "Come outside, and I can help you." She states. We slowly walk outside and I lean against the porch railing.

"It's gonna happen soon, isn't it?" I whisper.

"It's already happening." She replies.

"They said I had about a week." I breathe.

"They told me the same thing. It's harder to tell with girls. It's also worse for us. Whatever they felt, it's twenty times worse for us." She plays with her fingers. "They'll never understand."

"What do you mean?" I look at her.

"They don't feel what we do when we phase for the first time. They only feel it after, because I'm a girl and I've already phased, I know what you'll feel. They don't." She looks out into the woods.

"How does it feel?" I ask.

"I can't explain it. Words can't describe it. It's impossible to tell." She shakes her head.

"Does it feel like that every time?"

"No, only the first." She sighs. I get really hot again and place my hands on the rail to hold myself up. I take a deep breath and stare at the ground. Leah steps back and knocks on the window a few times. Harry and Sam walk out and stand on either side of Leah. My chest heaves and I take another deep breath. I squeeze my eyes shut and bite down on my lip. I release it and suck in a few breaths. I grip the rail tighter and look out into the woods. Everything gets glassy for a moment before going back to normal. I clench my jaw and grip the rail even tighter. The color fades from everything for a few seconds and my body feels as if it were on fire. I take a few more deep breaths.

"I think she's too far for anything to help." Harry sighs and shakes his head. I push back slightly before looking back into the woods, the color returning. I swing my legs over the rail and run toward the woods. I hear something following me and run harder. I stop in my tracks and fall to my knees.

"Kiki?" Leah says softly.

"Go away!" I hiss.

"You don't want to do this without help." Her voice still flows through.

"I SAID GO AWAY!!!" I yell belligerently.

"Kiki, listen- you don't want to do this alone- it will only make it worse if you're alone." My hands spread out on the ground as my chest heaves.

"Leave.me.alone." I say through rasped breaths. I gasp in pain and squeeze my eyes shut.

"Kiki, you're going to phase completely really soon. You're gonna want someone to be with you to help you phase back." She steps closer.

"Get.back." I breathe. She steps closer. I stand and run further into the woods. I fall again when I get to an open field. I grimace and suck in a breath.

"Stop running." Leah says. I stay on my hands and knees and look at the ground, my hair hiding my face like a curtain. My hair must've fell out when I was running. My chest continues to heave and I begin to feel nauseous. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I get dizzy and open my eyes slowly- everything is glassy again. My vision returns to normal again and I stand, pain shoots through every part of me. I scream in pain and drop back to my knees. "It's starting." I squeeze my eyes closed and bite my lip. I release my lip and my chest heaves. It gets hotter and hotter and hotter as I try to hold myself up. Sweat drips from my forehead and my arms start to shake from exhaustion.

WTF!!!!!! I am just now rereading this at 12-30-16, about six months after I published this and it deleted some of my writing!!! I wrote the whole thing from her phasing and shifting back then a conversation with Kiki and Sam! What the fuck Wattpad!

You Know Who I Am.

P.S. I may rewrite that in a flashback or something.