13. It's Your Fault (Part Two)

KIKI

"Kiki, what the hell?" Jake whisper yells.

"Well, it was either the mirror or the wall, the mirror just so happened to be closer." I state. He examines my hand wrapped up.

"Why?" He asks.

"I was pissed and I didn't feel like phasing and running off into the woods then having to deal with Sam and Jared and Paul and Leah." I reply with a slight sigh.

"So you punch the mirror?" He retorts with a slight scoff.

"Pretty much." I smirk before resting my head on his shoulder. He wraps an arm around me and presses his lips to my head.

"What did the mirror ever do to you?" He asks with a smirk playing through his voice. I laugh slightly.

"It was in my way." I reply.

"It was in your way? That's the best thing you could come up with?" He chuckles.

"It was either that or it owed me money." I shrug. He laughs again.

"You're such a dork." He states.

"And you're an ass." I retort pushing him lightly.

"But you love me." He smirks. I purse my lips and shrug.

"Maybe, or maybe not." I taunt. A snide smirk crosses his face before he pushes me down against the bed and hovers over me.

"Really?" He quirks a brow. I roll my eyes before wrapping my legs around his waist and flipping us. I pin his arms behind his head and smirk.

"Really." I lean down and we kiss. I pull back and climb off of him.

∅∅∅

I plop down on my bed and lay back. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I roll over and feel something hard. I open my eyes and I'm on the floor, but it's not the soft cream carpet like at Sam's, it's hardwood. I sit on my knees and look around, the sheer curtain blowing toward me, the bunk bed in the corner with the desk under it, the walking closet, the black chestnut dresser- I'm at Dad's. I run a hand through my hair and stand up. I look down and I'm wearing a big white shirt and black leggings, my feet bare. I walk toward the door and suck in a breath before opening it. I step out onto a cold floor and seethe at the coldness. I tiptoe down the hallway and downstairs. I walk to the kitchen and sit down at the island.

"Kiara?" A very, very familiar voice asks. I spin around and my heart drops.

"M-mom?" I stutter walking toward her. She holds her arms open and nods with tears in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her and she feels cold- like she's dead. Her arms wrap around me slowly. Something plunges into my heart from behind and I gasp from the sudden pain. "M-m-m-mom-m." I choke out before looking down at the white shirt now slowly turning to crimson.

"You killed me, now I'm killing you." She spits shoving me onto the floor, the knife pushing further through my chest. I spit out blood and place my hands around the blade.

"M-mom-m!" I choke on the blood. "I didn't do it." She glares daggers at me.

"It's your fault. It's all your fault." She sneers. She press her foot down on my throat and I wrap my hands around her ankle and try to pull her off. "I'm killing you, just like you killed me."

"Please...st-stop-p..." I barely get out before it all goes to black.

I shoot up from the bed and look around while my chest heaves and I mange to breathe again. I place my hand over where just seconds ago there was a knife, nothing. I'm at Sam's, in bed, it was all just a dream. I look down at myself, baggy tank top, grey shorts. I take a deep breath and lay back. I squeeze my eyes shut before using my arm to wipe away the wet. I sit back up and throw the covers off of me. I swing my legs off the side of the bed and shakily stand. I walk over and look at myself in the part of the mirror that didn't shatter. I shake my head and unwrap my hand before walking out to the kitchen.

"Kiki, are you okay?" Emily asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reply with a fake smile.

"What's wrong?" She pries.

"Bad dream, that's all." I state grabbing a muffin from the pan.

"It's because of Embry isn't it?" She sits beside me at the island.

"Yeah." I sigh before taking a bite of the muffin in my hand. She softly smiles.

First two part chapter so far in this book. Also some family drama and a strange dream.

Listen to Family Portrait by P!nk

Just because you should.

First author's note at the end of a chapter in this book. Also my first time ending a chapter with my favorite tag.

You Know Who I Am