52. Power

KIKI

I stand at the sink and viciously scrub the blood off of my hands. My hair dangles in front of my face, which also had some blood on it.

"Where'd you go?" Embry asks.

"Just out in the woods." I reply.

"Why are you scrubbing your hands so hard?" He pries.

"I'm a germaphobe." I shrug.

"Why won't you look at me?" He continues.

"I don't want to see your fugly ass face." I scoff. I dry my hands and sigh. "I'm going to go take a shower." I walk toward the stairs and he stops me.

"I know what you did Kiki." He states. "You went hunting. You needed to relieve some stress, its fine." I nod then continue up the stairs. I open my bedroom door and lock it behind me. I grab clothes and start my shower. The water runs over my body and I sigh lightly. I begin scrubbing the blood of off my body from whatever or whoever I killed. I rinse off and get out. I look in the mirror and my eyes widen. The wounds from when Peter took my power are gone. I make my eyes glow like fire and my skin doesn't melt away. I shake my head and look back at the mirror- my eyes glow bright gold. I quickly get dressed and run down stairs.

"Embry where's the thermometer?" I ask.

"In the cabinet." He replies. "Why?" I rush and grab it.

"Thanks." I kiss his cheek then run upstairs. I check my temperature.

110°

I smile widely and run back down stairs.

"Embry look!" I shove the thermometer in his face.

"110°, are you sick?" He asks.

"No Embry, that's the same as you. I have my power back! I'm a wolf again!" I exclaim.

"Did you phase again?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Not yet." I reply. "But I have my power back!"

"You killed Peter." He states.

"I killed Peter." I say. "Oh my god, I killed Peter." I get quiet. "I killed him."

"Kiki, take a deep breath." Embry says.

"When Jake comes, tell him I walked to Sam's." I state.

"Okay?" I hug him before bolting out the door.

∅∅∅

I jump onto the porch and fling the door open. I instantly wrap my arms around Emily.

"I missed you soooo much Em." I state.

"You're alive!" She exclaims.

"I'm alive." I nod.

"How long have you been back?" She asks.

"Three days, I think. Two or three." I reply.

"Why did Jacob just call me asking if she was here when she's dead?" Sam asks walking into the room. I pull away from Emily and smile nervously. " You? You're alive?"

"Yeah, I'm alive." I nod. His muscular arms fold around me and I return the embrace.

"Thank God." He breathes smoothing down my hair.

"Is everyone else on their way?" Jared asks. I pull away from Sam. "I knew something like this would happen if she went."

"Everyone should be on their way." I reply stepping into view.

"You? How?" He furrows his  eyebrows.

"I complained until they threw me out of hell." I shrug. We hug but only for a second.

"Kiki? Is that really you?" Kim sniffles. I wrap my arms around her.

"The one and only." I beam.

"I don't want to have to this Leah. I knew she wouldn't make it out." I hear Seth whine outside. I step away from Kim and my hand flies over my mouth.

"Come on, if you can't handle it we'll leave." Leah coaxes him in. The door opens and Seth walks in with his head hung

"Seth?" I whisper moving my hand. His head snaps up and his arms wrap around me tightly. I return the favor and we both bawl like a bunch of babies.

"I thought I lost you. A-an-and after dad, I just-"

"It's okay Seth. I'm okay." I cut him off.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Leah scoffs. I hug her.

"Let's not talk about food or comparing people food. Especially around Embry and Jake because they're still kind of scarred about my palette in Eichen." I say. Leah jerks away and gawks at me.

"Well, then I'm making muffins." Emily slaps her thighs gently and goes to the kitchen.

"It was the only way to ensure I wasn't consuming poison. Besides, what else do you expect me to do with eight rows of teeth?" I shrug.

"That's just all sorts of wrong." Sam shakes his head. Seth shrugs and wraps his arms around me again.

The door opens. I push Seth away and shift halfway, a low growl escaping my throat.