54. Wolf

KIKI

I sit perfectly still on the couch and stare out the window.

"Are you okay?" Jake asks sitting beside me.

"Yeah, I'm just watching." I reply.

"What are you watching?" He wraps an arm around my torso.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"You just about lost it at Sam's." He whispers burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"Try to keep in mind I just got all my power back, and I'm still pissed at Paul. I didn't need control in Eichen because I needed to be at my strongest and most alert to live. So I need to work on control for a while." I state.

"Promise me you won't rip Blondie in half later." He mutters.

"I promise I'll try my best not to." I sigh. "Let's go take a nap."

"Why not just take one right here?" He pulls me down against the couch.

"Your bed is comfier and I miss your bed." I retort rolling off the couch into the floor on my knees. I stand and pull him off of the couch. I kiss his cheek before speeding off. I plop down on his bed and nest in it.

"Shit, I know you're used to being an animal and all but what the fuck?" Jake says staring at me.

"Come cuddle with me." I say lifting my head from under the pillows.

"Only because I really want to and I'm going to go crazy if I don't." He sighs before laying down next to me. I wiggle until I'm closer to him and throw my leg over him. I place my head on his chest and wrap my arms around him.

"Now you can't get away." I smile before kissing his chest. His arms wrap around me and flips us over.

"And neither can you." He smirks. I flip us back over and sit on his stomach. I place my hands on his shoulder and smile down at him.

"I love you." I state.

"I love you too." I lean down and we kiss.

"Let's just lay here all day and do nothing." I murmur.

///

I slowly crawl out the window and and close it back. I bounce on my feet before running out into the woods. I jump up into a tree and jump from tree to tree. I flip out of the trees and land on all fours. I flick my hair out of my face before staring into the eyes of a newly phased wolf.

"It's okay. You did great for your first time." I smirk before standing. "Can you shift back?" He shakes his head. "Have you even tried?" He shakes his head. "Try first, then I'll help." He shifts back and stands, his pants torn to shreds. "Hey, be happy you still have clothes, my first time they disappeared."

"You're Jake's girl aren't you? Kiki?" He asks.

"Yeah, that's me." I reply. "See if you can phase on your own." I nod toward him. "Channel your anger into the shift." He takes a deep breath before phasing. I smile. "And back." I nod. He shifts back and I snap my fingers so he is fully clothed. "Now the whole control thing so you don't rip your mom's head off when she pisses you off, that is Jake's problem. Mainly because I'm still working on the whole can't kill everything that pisses you off thing." I shrug. "Well, actually I'm working on the whole human thing. I was a total monster in Eichen so I'm still in defense mode."

"You don't act like it." He says.

"But I'm liable to snap at any time." I retort.

"Aren't we all. I mean even those with the most control can still snap. It's just part of being not entirely human." He states.

"Touché kid." I wink at him. "Can you find your way home?"

"Yeah." He replies with a nod.

"Try not to kill anyone." I call out as he runs off.

"Only if you do." He calls back. I laugh and shake my head before turning and taking a deep breath.

"If that kid can phase, then so can I." I say. I stand still and harness all my anger...

"Kiki, you're going to phase completely really soon. You're gonna want someone to be with you to help you phase back." She steps closer.

"Get.back." I breathe. She steps closer. I stand and run further into the woods. I fall again when I get to an open field. I grimace and suck in a breath.

"Stop running." Leah says. I stay on my hands and knees and look at the ground, my hair hiding my face like a curtain. My hair must've fell out when I was running. My chest continues to heave and I begin to feel nauseous. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I get dizzy and open my eyes slowly- everything is glassy again. My vision returns to normal again and I stand, pain shoots through every part of me. I scream in pain and drop back to my knees. "It's starting." I squeeze my eyes closed and bite my lip. I release my lip and my chest heaves. It gets hotter and hotter and hotter as I try to hold myself up. Sweat drips from my forehead and my arms start to shake from exhaustion. I feel every bone in my body break. I look around and it's all different.

I take a deep breath and allow my wolf to break free. I feel everything change as I shift. I lean my head back and howl. I shift back and drop to my knees. I throw my head and laugh. I stand up and snap my fingers so my clothes reappear. I laugh again and start back toward Jake's.